cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shippen70
Frequent Visitor

Nested Gallery Patch Collection

In my App I have a gallery called "galEmployee"  I use that gallery to collect detailed records for that employee in a Nested Gallery called "galLostTime".  I use the nested gallery to pull the details into a form that will be used to edit the detailed records.  The form is working as expected.  I'm having issues with my Patch writing back to the collection.  Seems that it has to do with the Nested Gallery.  I tried using labels outside of both galleries to see the selected data inside the nested gallery to confirm that I'm seeing the correct data.  I can not get the data to return to the label which leads me to believe the Patch is having the same issue.  Any thoughts on getting the items from the form to write back to the collection>

Patch(
//'[dbo].[_LostTimeData]',
colFilteredLostTime,
galLostTime.Selected,
{
//LostTimeCodeID: Dropdown_LostTimeCode.SelectedText.Description,
LostTimeHrs: Value(TextInput_LTHours.Text),
LostTimeComments: TextInput_LTComment.Text
}
);
ResetForm(Form_LostTime);
Select(Button_LoadList)

4 REPLIES 4
alrez
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi,

Looking through your code here it looks fine to me. I'm not exactly certain what is causing this issue. Does any other communities members have any idea? Otherwise, this might be a good question to bring to the PowerApps helpdesk team. I'll include a link below on creating a ticket with them if you would like to go down that route.

If you would like to create a ticket with Microsoft Customer Support here is a link on how to do so: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

RajnishP
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hi @Shippen70 , Did you got fix for this. I am also facing same issue. It is working for First block of Nested Gallery but not working for rest of the Blocks.

I was able to resolve the issue.  In the OnSelect Properties of the Nested Gallery I created a variable Set(varItem, ThisItem).  This variable collects all the available fields in the nested gallery when a record is selected.  In the Item Property on the form add the variable varItem.  You can then use the items in the variable to create the fields in the form.  I hope that makes sense.  

Thanks @Shippen70  for reply,

Just Now I tried it. Same result. Not working.  It must work, but I checked varItem also its getting that record as well. But Icon OnSelect not behaving as expected. Only first block(Group) it is working for rest of the block(Group) it's not working at all.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (18,625)