cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danthompson
Regular Visitor

Nested Gallery - Sub Gallery Width Issue

Hi, when creating a nested layout I can' get the sub gallery to stretch to the full width of the canvas, also I can' get controls to be inserted into the control.  I have a 16:9 canvas app and am using dynamic scaling to fit different screen sizes. 

the attached file shows how far the sub gallery can be stretched within the main one. 

Please help. 

6 REPLIES 6
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @danthompson ,

I just did a quick test on two blank galleries - as attached. I am not sure what component you have put the second one in, but starting with two blank galleries it works fine.

Have a go at this yourself - you may then be able to add the components.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi, 

it all works fine for me when starting from scratch, but at some point in editing the sub gallery, the width gets restricted to about 2/3 of the sub galleries full width, without any intervention from me.  Any controls added to the sub gallery can't be moved beyond the restricted extent and I can't use the full area of the sub gallery. 

I'm going to submit a support ticket as this isn't working correctly for me. 

thanks, Dan

Hi Dan,

Yes - that is your best course of action - I cannot reproduce your issue, therefore cannot assist at this point.

GarethPrisk
Super User II
Super User II

I was able to reproduce this bug, and have seen it before when developing other apps. There is a workaround, though.

To reproduce:

• Create a canvas app
  • Connect to CDS Accounts (assumes you have some data, parent Accounts with child Accounts)
  • Add vertical Gallery, with Items =  Accounts
  • Add nested horizontal Gallery, with Items = ThisItem.Accounts (child accounts)

The nested gallery becomes 'locked' and no dragging or manual resizing (updating of TemplateSize, Width, etc.) will resize the control or give additional usable space.

The workaround is to simply Save your app, close that studio session, and re-open it. This appears to 'unlock' the nested gallery.

If you do submit this a bug, please post it here and I will up-vote it.

beardmark

Excellent workaround - this was driving me nuts

Amik
Advocate I
Advocate I

Good grief thank you @GarethPrisk this was very frustrating

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (44,394)