cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Nested Gallery - Unable to Select some Items

I have created a nested Gallery, where selecting an item will return an additional Gallery within that item, filtered by the parent selected and with the height of this nested Gallery expanding the relative to the number of rows returned. (see below)

I am experiencing an issue where I am unable to select the items lower down on the nested Gallery.

For some I can only select the top few items and for others I can initially select the last records but them I am unable to selected them again when I select off them.

All items in the nested gallery do Pop/Push when hovered over, but just fail to select when clicked.

Has anyone else experienced this or know what might be causing it?Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Nested Gallery - Unable to Select some Items

Hi @Angry_Neutron ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

How do you Pop/Push the nested Gallery Items within your app? Could you please share me the formula?

Further, do you mean that you could not select the item within the nested Gallery?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and the issue is confirmed on my side. Actually, it is an known issue within nested Gallery in PowerApps app -- we could not selected item within the nested Gallery directly.

If you would like this feature to be added, please consider submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

As an alternative solution, I think a Checkbox could achieve your needs. You could consider add a Checkbox into the nested Gallery, when you want to selected the item within the nested Gallery, please check the corresponding Checkbox.

11.JPG

12.JPG

Add a Checkbox within your nested Gallery as above screenshot. Set the OnCheck property to following:

Set(NestedSelectedValue, ThisItem.SampleHeading)

Set the Default property of the Checkbox to following:

If(NestedSelectedValue = ThisItem.SampleHeading, true, false)

Set the TemplateFill property of the nested Gallery to following:

If(Checkbox1.Value, RGBA( 245, 245, 220, 1 ), RGBA(0, 0, 0, 0))

Set the OnSelect property of the parent Gallery (outside Gallery, Gallery1) to following:

Set(NestedSelectedValue, First(Gallery2.AllItems).SampleHeading)

Note: The SampleHeading represents the column name, whose value (e.g. Optus - Belrose, Optus - Castle Hill, Optus - Macauarie Park, .. etc) you displayed within your nested Gallery.

Set the TemplateFill property of the parent Gallery to following:

If(ThisItem.IsSelected,	RGBA( 255, 228, 196, 1 ),RGBA(0, 0, 0, 0))

Please check the following GIF screenshot for more details:

Test.gif

Then you could reference the selected value from your nested Gallery through the NestedSelectedValue you set above.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Nested Gallery - Unable to Select some Items

Hi @Angry_Neutron ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

How do you Pop/Push the nested Gallery Items within your app? Could you please share me the formula?

Further, do you mean that you could not select the item within the nested Gallery?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and the issue is confirmed on my side. Actually, it is an known issue within nested Gallery in PowerApps app -- we could not selected item within the nested Gallery directly.

If you would like this feature to be added, please consider submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

As an alternative solution, I think a Checkbox could achieve your needs. You could consider add a Checkbox into the nested Gallery, when you want to selected the item within the nested Gallery, please check the corresponding Checkbox.

11.JPG

12.JPG

Add a Checkbox within your nested Gallery as above screenshot. Set the OnCheck property to following:

Set(NestedSelectedValue, ThisItem.SampleHeading)

Set the Default property of the Checkbox to following:

If(NestedSelectedValue = ThisItem.SampleHeading, true, false)

Set the TemplateFill property of the nested Gallery to following:

If(Checkbox1.Value, RGBA( 245, 245, 220, 1 ), RGBA(0, 0, 0, 0))

Set the OnSelect property of the parent Gallery (outside Gallery, Gallery1) to following:

Set(NestedSelectedValue, First(Gallery2.AllItems).SampleHeading)

Note: The SampleHeading represents the column name, whose value (e.g. Optus - Belrose, Optus - Castle Hill, Optus - Macauarie Park, .. etc) you displayed within your nested Gallery.

Set the TemplateFill property of the parent Gallery to following:

If(ThisItem.IsSelected,	RGBA( 255, 228, 196, 1 ),RGBA(0, 0, 0, 0))

Please check the following GIF screenshot for more details:

Test.gif

Then you could reference the selected value from your nested Gallery through the NestedSelectedValue you set above.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,238)