cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dudditz
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Nested Gallery within a Gallery and Dynamic height of nested Gallery

We are working on a solution enabling employees to input records including a voting and commenting system.

Within the image my The main text (Microsoft Ignite) is the parent gallery using flexible height and auto height on the label field.  The nested gallery is filtering based upon the parent record displaying related comments as seen in the image or identified by the green rectangle.  Nested gallery also uses flexible height with a label field using auto height for the comments.

What I would like to do is make the nested gallery use dynamic height expanding to show all comments however retracting if no comments exist.  To further complicate this we would also like the parent gallery to respect this.  In the current configuration the nested gallery is configured to a static value with a height to display at least 2 single line comments.  The results of this are the parent gallery now has large white spaces between every parent record when no comment exists.  Any guidance on this concept would be appreciated.

2020-09-24_8-37-04.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
baxschwepo
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Dudditz

look at one of the vidoes from Paul O'Flaherty...this might solve your problem..it allows even to hide/show detail information.

PowerApps: Gallery / SubGallery using GroupBy and Flexible Height 

PowerApps Sub Galleries Expand and Collapse 

Best

SwiPowE

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
baxschwepo
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Dudditz

look at one of the vidoes from Paul O'Flaherty...this might solve your problem..it allows even to hide/show detail information.

PowerApps: Gallery / SubGallery using GroupBy and Flexible Height 

PowerApps Sub Galleries Expand and Collapse 

Best

SwiPowE

View solution in original post

Dudditz
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

He did cover the issue I was having and I was able to work through it so I think you for pointing me to Pauls video.

Thanks to Paul for putting that video together, great work!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (3,092)