cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asetser
Frequent Visitor

Nested Tables Help

In desperate need of help build and populating a nested table with 3 levels. When a tech is logged in to a dispatch, they can work on multiple pieces of equipment. Each piece of equipment can have multiple pieces of materials used on it. I need to create a nested table where there is 1 dispatch in the main collection, that collection has a field called TechNotes. Tech notes has 10 columns that needs to hold all of the notes for that 1 dispatch. One of the columns in the TechNotes table is MaterialsUsed. MaterialsUsed has 4 columns and holds all of the materials used on the piece of equipment that is associated with that TechNote item.

I need this in nested tables without HTML so that I can convert it to JSON to send to a flow to fill out a Word Template.

I can't seem to successfully do this....

TRY #1 - Creates a new row at every level (i.e. 3 pieces of material used on 1 piece of equipments & creates 3 lines on each table instead of 1 line on the Dispatch table and 1 line on the TechNotes table and 3 lines on the MaterialsUsed table):

ForAll(Filter('[dbo].[DailySWO_DailyDispatchWorked]', DispatchAssigneeID = SelectedAssigneeID)
, ForAll(Filter('[dbo].[DailySWO_DailyTechNotes]', NoteAssigneeID = DispatchAssigneeID)
, ForAll(Filter('[dbo].[DailySWO_Materials]', MaterialAssigneeID = NoteAssigneeID && MaterialEquipmentID = NoteEquipmentID)
, Collect(CollDispatchSWO, {AssigneeID: DispatchAssigneeID, DisWorkDT: Today(), TechName: User().FullName, DisDispatchNBR: DispatchNumber, AfterhoursID: AfterhoursID,
DisDispatchType: DispatchType, DisSiteNBR: SiteNumber, DisSiteNM: SiteName, DisSiteAddress: SiteAddress, DispatchInfo: DispatchDetails, TorchCB: TorchCB,
VacuumCB: VacuumCB, ReclaimerCB: ReclaimerCB, NitrogenCB: NitrogenCB, TerminalsCB: WireNutsCB, RefrigCapCB: RefrigCapCB, CallSTS: CallSTS, QuoteSTS: QuoteSTS,
CustomerSign: CustSign.Image, CustomerNM: CustSign_CustNM.Text, CustomerEmail: CustSign_CustEmail.Text, SendCustEmail: If(CustSign_CustEmail_YesCB.Value = true, 1, 0),
TechSign: TechSignature.Image, StartTM: TechSign_StartTM.Text, EndTM: TechSign_EndTM.Text, TotalHours: TechSign_TotalHours.Text, PayRate: TechSign_PayRate.Text,
TechNotes: Table({TechNote: TechNote, AreaServed: AreaServed, EquipID: NoteEquipmentID, EquipMake: EquipMake, EquipModel: EquipModel, EquipSerialNBR: SerialNBR,
EquipType: EquipType, UnitNBR: UnitNBR, UnitSTS: UnitSTS, RefrigType: RefrigType, RefrigRemoved: Removed, RefrigAdded: Added,
MaterialsUsed: Table({MatEquipID: MaterialEquipmentID, MatPO: MaterialPO, MatQTY: MaterialQTY, MatDESC: MaterialsDESC})})}))));

TRY #2 - Notes and Materials are in different collections:

ClearCollect(CollDispatchSWO, {AssigneeID: SelectedAssigneeID, DisWorkDT: Today(), TechName: User().FullName, DisDispatchNBR: SelectedDispatchNBR, AfterhoursID: SelectedDispatchOT, DisDispatchType: SelectedDispatchType, DisSiteNBR: SelectedSiteNBR, DisSiteNM: SelectedSiteNM, DisSiteAddress: Concatenate(SelectedSiteStreetAddress, ", ", SelectedSiteCity, ", ", SelectedSiteState, ", ", Text(SelectedSiteZipCD)), DispatchInfo: SelectedDispatchDetails, TorchCB: LookUp('[dbo].[DailySWO_DailyDispatchWorked]', DispatchAssigneeID = SelectedAssigneeID, TorchCB), VacuumCB: LookUp('[dbo].[DailySWO_DailyDispatchWorked]', DispatchAssigneeID = SelectedAssigneeID, VacuumCB), ReclaimerCB: LookUp('[dbo].[DailySWO_DailyDispatchWorked]', DispatchAssigneeID = SelectedAssigneeID, ReclaimerCB), NitrogenCB: LookUp('[dbo].[DailySWO_DailyDispatchWorked]', DispatchAssigneeID = SelectedAssigneeID, NitrogenCB), TerminalsCB: LookUp('[dbo].[DailySWO_DailyDispatchWorked]', DispatchAssigneeID = SelectedAssigneeID, WireNutsCB), RefrigCapCB: LookUp('[dbo].[DailySWO_DailyDispatchWorked]', DispatchAssigneeID = SelectedAssigneeID, RefrigCapCB), CallSTS: LookUp('[dbo].[DailySWO_DailyDispatchWorked]', DispatchAssigneeID = SelectedAssigneeID, CallSTS), QuoteSTS: LookUp('[dbo].[DailySWO_DailyDispatchWorked]', DispatchAssigneeID = SelectedAssigneeID, QuoteSTS), CustomerSign: CustSign.Image, CustomerNM: CustSign_CustNM.Text, CustomerEmail: CustSign_CustEmail.Text, SendCustEmail: If(CustSign_CustEmail_YesCB.Value = true, 1, 0), TechSign: TechSignature.Image, StartTM: TechSign_StartTM.Text, EndTM: TechSign_EndTM.Text, TotalHours: TechSign_TotalHours.Text, PayRate: TechSign_PayRate.Text, TechNotes: Table({TechNote: "", AreaServed: "", EquipID: 0, EquipMake: "", EquipModel: "", EquipSerialNBR: "", EquipType: "", UnitNBR: "", UnitSTS: "", RefrigType: "", RefrigRemoved: "", RefrigAdded: "", MaterialsUsed: Table({MatEquipID: 0, MatPO: "", MatQTY: 0, MatDESC: ""})})});

ForAll(
CollDispatchSWO,
ForAll(Filter('[dbo].[DailySWO_DailyTechNotes]', NoteAssigneeID = SelectedAssigneeID),
Collect(TechNotes,{TechNote: TechNote, AreaServed: AreaServed, EquipID: NoteEquipmentID, EquipMake: EquipMake, EquipModel: EquipModel, EquipSerialNBR: SerialNBR, EquipType: EquipType, UnitNBR: UnitNBR, UnitSTS: UnitSTS, RefrigType: RefrigType, RefrigRemoved: Removed, RefrigAdded: Added, MaterialsUsed: Table({MatEquipID: 0,
MatPO: "", MatQTY: 0, MatDESC: ""})})
)
);

ForAll(
TechNotes,
ForAll(Filter('[dbo].[DailySWO_Materials]', MaterialAssigneeID = SelectedAssigneeID && MaterialEquipmentID = EquipID),
Collect(MaterialsUsed,{MatEquipID: MaterialEquipmentID, MatPO: MaterialPO, MatQTY: MaterialQTY, MatDESC: MaterialsDESC})
)
);

12 REPLIES 12
asetser
Frequent Visitor

I fixed it. Thank you SO much!! You're a saint, an angel and my savior!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@asetser 

No problem!!  What was it?  A schema issue?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes
asetser
Frequent Visitor

My parse schema still had the outer brackets. Took them out and it was able to parse successfully!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (44,509)