cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Nested gallery collection groupby to filter lookup by status in another SP List?

Hi Powerapp Pros,

Sorry, but I scanned all posts and the Internet and cannot find the logic and syntax on how to solve my nested gallery filter scenario. Personally, I am way over my head for a complex app and the only way to learn is by doing and asking for some help so I can understand better. Thanks for helping!

<solved>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Nested gallery collection groupby to filter lookup by status in another SP List?

I figured it out and was able to filter my parent screen gallery to the correct status sessions into a collection and the filtered those to display the nest gallery and content (scrolling when date was more than one item). 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Nested gallery collection groupby to filter lookup by status in another SP List?

Unless I missed it you need to filter your nested gallery to show only items related to the parent gallery. 

Example = Filter(SPList2, FieldOnList2=ThisItem.ID)

The ID being from list one...you can use what ever your tie point fields you have. You can also add any additional filters in there if you need to but need that at the bare minimum. 

Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks @rebeccas. Your solution may be applicable, but not in this situation. I am using a collection which is probably using the wrong formula and displaying way too much of all Status and All Dates. I also have 3rd screen not used which is filtering fine without collection and direct to SPList (like your example), but becomes another manual management fiasco I don't want to deal with each time there is an event and sessions created. My scenario involves a collection groupby and parent/child gallery.

The collection in my screen is getting too much data (completed and planned) from all sessions not related to the item (e.g. like the dates) selected in the gallery from the Event list. It's getting all dates regardless of Status (not just Planned as required). Secondly, only the Sessions list has a lookup column named 'Event ID Title' back to Events list column 'Title', but not the other way around from 'Events' list to 'Sessions' list.

What I want to do is create a collection when Screen2 is made visible grouping (groupby) of the Status "Planned" and StartDate of any Sessions related to the item selected from Screen1 Gallery item of Events list.

The original post has that detail I believe for review again.

Thanks,

Tom

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Yes, I use GroupBy and Filter my collections a lot to cut down on that type of stuff. I don't believe you can use GroupBy on a people field but you can use Distinct on a combo box for that instead.

You may consider setting a few global variables on Screen 1 and then have your collection filter off that information on the screens visible for Screen 2. 

Best of luck!

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I figured it out and was able to filter my parent screen gallery to the correct status sessions into a collection and the filtered those to display the nest gallery and content (scrolling when date was more than one item). 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Gigaenvy ,

I'm glad that you've solved your problem!

Do you have any other problems?

If you do not have any other problems, could you change your issue's status to "Answered"?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,772)