cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Nested gallery filtering

Hello Team,

I have a nested gallery as shown below and What i want to do is, When checkbox 2 is selected, I want to filter the gallery based on ID selected for this item (E.x ID =5 shown in the image). 

Can someone please give me some idea how should I approach this? Whatever I have so far is working. I want to add this functionality on top of this.

vshah2_1-1607027034546.png

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @vshah2 , how many ID columns do you have? Most ID's are usually unique, but I am assuming you have another linked to each record.

What you can do is add a variable as a filter. I've tested this out and works very well.

I will assume the ID column name is called 'ID2'.

STEP 1

OnVisible property of the screen initiate two variables:

UpdateContext({varID2:0, varChecked:false})

STEP 2
OnCheck property of the checkbox (in my case it is called CheckBox1

UpdateContext({varChecked:true, varID2:ThisItem.ID2})

OnUncheck

UpdateContext({varChecked:false, varID2:0})

If(varChecked=true,true,false)

STEP 3

Items property of the nested Gallery

If(varChecked=true, Filter(DB_Table, ID2=varID2),DB_Table)

Hopefully this helps you with an idea. I tested it on a basic gallery, but the concept is very much the same you would apply to your nested gallery.

Thanks for looking into this but It's not working. What it does is, It copies the selected ID's value in the other nested gallery's row. Not sure why? Thanks.

I'm able to tweak your formula and make it work. Thank you.

However, When i select the Checkbox (2 from Original screenshot) in nested gallery, It automatically selects all the matching value in the gallery which I don't want. I want to just highlight all the matching values and have users to choose from. I hope I'm clear enough in my description. Thanks.

That's great!

What you may have to do in this case is add a second checkbox, as you cannot have the same checkbox for multi-purpose.

Checkbox1 - onVisible property set as:

If(varChecked=true, false, true)

Checkbox 2 - onVisible property

Hope this resolves the issue. 😀

@I_Mo  - Thanks you for your prompt response but I'm still scratching my head to get around this issue. Can you please elaborate a bit more how I can achieve this? Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,264)