cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nested gallery in power apps

Hi ,

I am new to power apps (but an experienced developer) and I am trying to set up an that has a nested gallery.

I have three lists , Mail List , List 1 , and List 2. List 1 stores the Gallery 1 items (Parent Record), List 2 stores Gallery 2 items .

Gallery 2 is child to gallery 1 (one parent can have multiple child). Any idea how to do this ?..

gokulnathSTG_0-1627366627195.png

Ex:

My scenario is in New form two galleries. Gallery 1 will hold one text box to enter candidate name. Gallery 2 (nested inside of Gallery 1) will hold Candidate Education qualification details which can be multiple rows(User enter School details then click + icon in Gallery 2 then user will enter the college details , etc). Any suggestion or screenshots

2 REPLIES 2
Abhilash_Swain
Resolver II
Resolver II

Let's say you have 3 galleries, having the same data. If these are different, then make sure there is a key column to use the filter.

SrMngerMnGerEmp
xa1
xa2
xa3
xb4
xb5
yc6
yd7
ye8

1st gallery:- 

You are going to show all the items. Once the user clicks any item, it will open the second gallery. Use Distinct to show distinct values.

2nd gallery:- 

Use FIlter(Gallery2, SrMnger = Gallery1.Selected.SrMnger)

3rd gallery:-

Use Filter(Gallery3, Mnger = Gallery2.Selected.Mnger) 

Please check the syntax as I have not copied it from PowerApps.

Hope this will help you. Give a thumbs up if I answered your qes.

Thanks

Abhi

Hi @Abhilash_Swain 

Thanks for the response. The steps you explained is to show the records in gallery. I need to construct the gallery in a way that it will save the data to list. (User needs to enter the data in new mode). Ex: user enter the manager name in Gallery 1, corresponding employees name will be entered in Gallery 2 , which is multiple child records..etc. how to construct this nested gallery ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,475)