cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seraph787 Advocate II
Advocate II

New App from Excel Spreadsheet in Onedrive for Business Shows None of the Data

I have connected to my Onedrive for Business account to create a PowerApp based on an excel spreadsheet that's there.  I am able to select the table that I have created.  The table has headers, it's almost 100 rows, and just shy of 50 fields per row of data.

When it creates the app, it doesn't mention any issues, but the gallery that should be dislplaying all 80+ records is just blank.

I've tried reassigning different fields to each gallery record label.  Nothing seems to work.

When I check the other pages of the rendered app, I notice that one of the other pages says that it's not connected to any data source, so I connect to the same worksheet.  Each time I connect to the same worksheet, it shows as whatever the name is plus "_1" and "_2".  So it seems like even when I connect them, it doesn't register that it's connected.

I'm at a loss for what's really going on here.  Can someone help?

3 REPLIES 3
seraph
Regular Visitor

Re: New App from Excel Spreadsheet in Onedrive for Business Shows None of the Data

So I'm the only one with this issue? It's kind of show stopping. Can't do anything.
Community Support
Community Support

Re: New App from Excel Spreadsheet in Onedrive for Business Shows None of the Data

Hi @seraph787

I just tested with an excel table in my OneDrive for Business and I cannot reproduce your issue in my PowerApps. All data shows correctly in my app. In that case, please provide more information about your app:

1. How did you create the app? From blank, or did you just use the OneDrive for Business connection and let PowerApps create the app automantically?

2. Is this only happening to this excel table? Would you please try to create a new app using another excel file from OneDrive for Business.

3. Did you have any special settings on the table?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
seraph787 Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi Mona,

I had formulas in my table.  When I removed all formulas, I was able to see everything in the powerapps.

I'm now working on ways to replicate those formulas using functions within PowerApps, but yesterday when I tried to provide more information in another thread, my post wouldn't post.  I tried editing my original post to include the additional info that someone asked me to provide.  But that caused the entire thread to disappear.

It's frustrating.  But perhaps you can help?  Or at least help my thread to re-appear so that someone can help me?

Thanks,

-S

Edit: Here's a link that I found in my email to the thread. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Sort-Gallery-by-One-of-Many-Dates-based-on-Pr...

It doesn't show the replies from others.  I can't post in it because it says I don't have sufficient privileges.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,901)