cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

New Authenticator app requirement?

I first installed the PowerApps app from the iStore ~2 months ago.

The user experience at that time and up until VERY recently was: 

• User clicks PowerApp app icon
  • User enters company email address and clicks submit button
  • PowerApps opens and user selects an app
  • Screenshot: 
    • ux_email.jpg

NOW the user experience is: 

• User clicks PowerApp app icon
  • Microsoft Authenticator app opens and user selects their enterprise account
  • PowerApps opens and user selects an app
  • Screenshot: 
    • ux_authenticator.jpg.PNG

This introduces a NEW requirement for my users. Now it appears they MUST HAVE the Authenticator app installed. They are already installing 1 app to get to my apps. Now they have to install a second app?

With a non-technical user base spread across the country, these types of things create a lot of disruption. Can someone weigh in on this?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: New Authenticator app requirement?

Hi @ericonline,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Which version of PowerApps Mobile App within your iOS device?

Further, could you please share a bit more about the Microsoft Authenticator app that you mentioned?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the new user experience when signing in PowerApps Mobile App (Same user experience as before). The version of my PowerApps Mobile App in my iPhone (iPhone 6s Plus) is 3.18073.26 (the latest version). 

In addition, I think you don't need to install a second app on your side. The Microsoft Authenticator app should be integrated into the PowerApps Mobile App, and it just provided a friendly Authentication UI for the user to provide their credentials to access their app.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hello @v-xida-msft

Here are the specifics you asked for. 

• PowerApps iPhone app version 3.18072.27
    • EDIT: Just updated to 3.18073.26, same issue
  • Microsoft Authenticator App version 5.9.1
  • iOS version 11.4 (latest)
  • iPhone SE

You can clearly see above in the screenshots that there is indeed a new UX. No longer is an email entered. 

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

@ericonline, we will use the authenticator if it is installed already. If you don't have the authenticator installed, it will go back to the previous experience where you have to type in the email address.

Thanks

Cherie

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@cherie, is this something that was just initiated or do you mean this is the expected behavior?

• I ask because I've always had the Microsoft Authenticator App installed on my phone, yet the above screenshots are both from me. 

Also:

• I have a user who DOES NOT have authenticator app installed on iPhone.
  • Opens PowerApps app and is presented with the Sign In button only
  • Clicks "Sign in"
  • Screen goes white
  • PowerApps app closes
  • Repeat

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

@ericonlineThis is the expected behavior.  If you have Microsoft authenticator app installed, you will see the Sign in button.  If you don't have it installed, you will see the text box that allows you to type in your email address.  We added the Sign in button recently.

As for your user who does not have authenticator installed and still sees the Sign in button, it is quite odd.  Can you please have the user double check if Microsoft authenticator is installed?  If indeed no authenticator is installed, can you please provide the model and iOS version of the iPhone the user is using?  Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,932)