cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesOxton
Level: Powered On

New Calendar Event

I've been trying to get a calendar event created from a powerapp and I always get the "Status 400, message " Id is malformed..

I've tried this funcation :-

Office365.V2CalendarPostItem(Dropdown1.Selected.Name,TextInput1.Text,DatePicker1.SelectedDate,DatePicker2.SelectedDate)

Before I go on, what exactly is (Dropdown1.selected.Name looking for as I'm sure i've not selected the correct thing..

The above funcation was taken from :-

https://community.powerapps.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Writing-an-Event-to-Outlook-Calendar/m-p/51818

but I keep getting an error when posting that looks like this :-

The service returned an error: Office365!V2CaleAndarPostItem: { "status": 400, "message": "Id is malformed

Not sure why it's returning that error.. any help would be most grateful!...

Thanks

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: New Calendar Event

Hi JamesOxton,

Thanks for feedback. Glad to hear that you are able to create a calendar event under your calendar.

But I am afraid that it might be not possible to create the calendar event in someone else’s calendar, as we are not able to get the tables under other’s calendar.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi JamesOxton,

On the Dropdown control, have you show the calendar tables properly?

Please create a connection to Office 365 Outlook, then set the Dropdown control’s Item property as:
Office365.CalendarGetTables().value

This function will return all the tables you have on your calendar.

Then you could configure the Office365.V2CalendarPostItem with required fields. It might be something likes what you have mentioned.

Office365.V2CalendarPostItem(Dropdown1.Selected.Name,TextInput1.Text,DatePicker1.SelectedDate,DatePicker2.SelectedDate)

I just tried it again on my side, I don’t get the error message you occurred. Please try again with it and feel free reply if you are still having the issue.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JamesOxton

ok, I seem to be getting there as it creates a calendar event at 12 midnight in my calendar.... Now is it possible to create the calendar event in someone elese calendar that I have write access too?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi JamesOxton,

Thanks for feedback. Glad to hear that you are able to create a calendar event under your calendar.

But I am afraid that it might be not possible to create the calendar event in someone else’s calendar, as we are not able to get the tables under other’s calendar.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

View solution in original post

JamesOxton

Do you know if this has changed yet?  IE has Microsoft allowed us to create calendar events in other people's calendars if we have the permision to do so?

Thanks

James

dimi
Level 10

This is possible, you can give editor rights to a calendar, but you need to enable the Send notification option so that the person who receives the right to have access, can click and add this calendar. After these steps you can test to see if it worked by using the Get Calendars action which will give you DisplayName (user) and Name (CalendarId). With this CalendarId value you will be able to manage events in other calendars.

Highlighted
Aria

I had the same problem , then the following code resolved the issue for me :

LookUp(Office365.CalendarGetTables().value;DisplayName="Calender").Name

where "Calender" is one of the items returened from 

Office365.CalendarGetTables().value

frankcontarin

1. Create event and invite another user

2. Delete event in you Calendar

3. Event will remain in user's calendar but is marked as "Cancelled" 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,258)