cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

New Face API connector not usable directly in powerapps due to no convert to binary

Id like to know if i have missed something here but as far as i can see, the new Face API connector is not usable in powerapps.
I can call functions like "Detect", but in the URI they expect binary data.

The camera only captures base64 data & there is no way in powerapps to convert between the two, so i have to do this via Flow.
But if im using flow, i may as well just do everything via flow.

I cannot see the use for the API connector without  this convert functionality directly in powerapps.

Is this assessment correct?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: New Face API connector not usable directly in powerapps due to no convert to binary

Hi,

Looking through this, this definitely is an oddity. I cant quite figure out if there is something that I am missing or if it really is intended to only be usable in flow. I would recommend opening a ticket with Microsoft Support on this. They should be able to get this figured out for you. I'll include a link below; on how to open a case if you need it. If any other communities members know feel free to chime in.

If you would like to create a ticket with Microsoft Customer Support here is a link on how to do so: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: New Face API connector not usable directly in powerapps due to no convert to binary

Thanks.

Ive opened a support ticket. will update when i get further information.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

This will be a conference that you do not want to miss!

secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,084)