cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IvetaYovcheva
Level: Powered On

New Form is saved empty on first submission

Hello, 

I am creating a Power Apps form with New, Edit, View forms. When clicking Save on New Form the form is saved empty, no values are saved. When I create another new form, enter values and Save, the form is saved properly. 

When I refresh the page and create a New Form, fill it in and Save - it is saved empty again. 

I am using the formulas from the following article : https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/separate-custom-forms/ . They used to work before. 

I found out that if I use only the first part of onSave formula If(SharePointFormMode="CreateForm", SubmitForm(CreateItemForm)) Save on New form works properly, but I need it to work on Edit form as well, so it's not a solution. 

I created a new list in the site, as well as a new list in a completely different site with only two columns just to test Save on New form and the issue occurs every time. It's been a week since the issue occurs. 

Please, advise. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: New Form is saved empty on first submission

Hi @IvetaYovcheva,

Based on the blog that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

On your side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the OnNew property of the SharePointIntegration control to following:

Refresh('YourSPList'); /* <-- Add this formula */
Set(SharePointFormMode, "CreateForm");
NewForm(CreateItemForm);
Navigate(CreateScreen, ScreenTransition.None)

Set the OnEdit property of the SharePointIntegration control to following:

Refresh('YourSPList');  /* <-- Add this formula */
Set(SharePointFormMode, "EditForm");
EditForm(EditItemForm);
Navigate(EditScreen, ScreenTransition.None)

Set the OnView property of the SharePointIntegration control to following:

Refresh('YourSPList'); /* <-- Add this formula */
Set(SharePointFormMode, "ShowForm");
ViewForm(ShowItemForm);
Navigate(ShowScreen, ScreenTransition.None)

Modify the formula within the OnSave property of the SharePointIntegration control to following:

If(
  SharePointFormMode = "CreateForm", 
  SubmitForm(CreateItemForm), 
  SharePointFormMode = "EditForm", 
  SubmitForm(EditItemForm)
)

please take a try with above solution I provided, then check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please consider take a try to clear cache of your browser, and then remove the custom form from your SP list, and re-create a new custom form for it, then take a try with above solution I provided, check if the issue still exists.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
IvetaYovcheva

Hi, 

Thank you for your answer. I tried the steps provided, unfortunatelly the issue remains. 

I have tried different browsers - IE, Chrome, Private Window in IE, Incognito in Chrome; Even if I open the site,create a new form and try to save it from a different computer, the same issue appears. 

I created a new list and columns in a completely different SP site, I created a new Power Apps form, duplicated the screens two times - to have View and Edit screen, added your formulas in SharePointIntegration - > Advanced tab - and I have the same issue. 

Do you have any idea what can be causing the issue and if I am missing something? 

IvetaYovcheva

We are still experiencing the issue mentioned above. It occurs on several sites already. Please, advise.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,681)