Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Functionality Roadmap

We would like to know when each of the following will roll out::

1. Multiple Column Keys
2. Different Relationship Types (other than lookup)
3. Deleting data from entities will no longer require Excel but be supported directly
4. Direct data entry into Entities
5. Filter Entities based on Custom vs Other. The idea that the default template entities are in the same workspace as the ones we are actually using is distracting and confusing to people

Thanks. Common Data Store is a greatly needed addition, but some basic capabilities that a database would provide are still missing and any workarounds like needing Excel 2016 are counterproductive.

Looking forward to the evolution of this service!
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: New Functionality Roadmap

Hi snesbit,

About#1, I have seen a similar idea on PowerApps Ideas Forum, I would suggest you vote and comment it at here:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Composite-Primary-Key-in-CDM/idi-p/23514

About#2, what are the different relationship types do you want? Could you please give me an example?

About#3, it seems that we don’t have a Delete button to delete data from entities directly. We are now able to delete the item from Excel or PowerApps(an app created based on the entity).

About #4, #5, I haven’t seen similar requests so far.

I would suggest you submit an idea at PowerApps Ideas Forum about these requests, PGs will check the idea forum and take ideas into consideration in the future releases.

About new releases, please check this documentation for more details:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/release-notes/

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

#1 - Voted. But regardless of single digit votes, If Common Data Service is going to be used for real systems, it requires this support just like any other relational database. 

#2 - The feature is setup to handle multiple relationship types.  Lookup is simply locked down.  What other relationship types is MS looking to provide?

#3 The answer doesn't answer the question. Requiring excel to delete records is a workaround and a nice secondary feature. However this is being used as a Primary feature which makes use of the service more cumbersome by requiring additional software and steps that could simply be done directly.

#4, #5 Will Do.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi snesbit,

Thanks for your response.

I am not sure what other relationship types Microsoft is going to provide. Please keep an eye on this documentation about "What's new in PowerApps", this documentation will be updated whenever there are new releases on PowerApps. https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/release-notes/

In addition, if you have good suggestions for relationship types, you could also consider to submit your idea at PowerApps Ideas Forum.

About #3, as I said, currently there is no button to delete data from entities directly. If possible, please also consider to submit a request. PGs will check the idea forum and take your ideas into consideration in the future releases.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Announcing

Class of 2020- Season 2

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,998)