cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bnewman
Level: Powered On

Re: New Licensing Announcement

Our MS rep suggested we post an idea to have a less expensive license available.  I've created one here, if anyone wants to vote for it (hint hint) because the more votes it gets, the more attention it'll get from MS: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Create-a-PowerApps-consumer-license-that-is-less-expe...

richardngriffin
Level: Power Up

Which platform are you moving too? it's blatantly too cost restrict to carry on with developing on PowerApps! such as shame as Microsoft started ironing out the bugs.

Manager2020

3000 contacts using ONE portal every working day costs > $1.5 Million USD per annum, not including any development.

That's a real head-scratcher. I'd have to be an idiot to do this instead of a traditional mobile app & website.

Highlighted
Manager2020

We had an identified business risk that Microsoft will just keep ratcheting their prices up once the Office 365 stack became ubiquitous. It's not a risk anymore.

Now that it's happening we have to actively revise our strategic planning to diversify our systems to protect against this. Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations is the first casualty. We were considering this as a finalist for an ERP migration in 2021, but the cost uncertainty has pushed them out of the top 3.

Power BI is on the ledge right now. We've been planning to implement this in early 2020, but now I'm looking to sweat our existing reporting systems and migrate to something with some certainty.

downwardCorgi
Level: Powered On

This is such a bait-and-switch. My organization put a good amount of time and effort building flows to help business processes, and now the price is going from being included as part of our E3 licenses to $6000 a year for 5 measly flows. Maybe I should have seen this coming. We're going to have to immediately assess ditching Flow for good, just not worth the cost for small simple flows unless your business runs around this technology.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,344)