cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Licensing Announcement

Looking at the licensing announcement at Inspire https://twitter.com/tommioksanen/status/1151269034819633152?s=12

Any thoughts or Opinions?

I think im more confused now as the plans will be going away, and users that were on 7$ a month plans will now need to pay 40$ a month and their flows could potentially disappear unless they pay another 15$ a month/user (with a minimum of 20 users) if their flow is not in the context of a power app?

I've also received feedback from clients about concerns that it seems that you cannot use PowerApps without interacting with features that are in Preview (ie the the Admin Portal). Some of my clients have policies of no betas in production and the fact that the primary admin interface is still in preview makes a 40$ license a very hard sell.

(I have contacted support with admin related issues and they told me not to use the new admin centre because it is preview, then had others on the same support ticket tell me that the only way to reset an environment is with the admin portal, that is in preview)

14 REPLIES 14

Our MS rep suggested we post an idea to have a less expensive license available.  I've created one here, if anyone wants to vote for it (hint hint) because the more votes it gets, the more attention it'll get from MS: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Create-a-PowerApps-consumer-license-that-is-less-expe...

Which platform are you moving too? it's blatantly too cost restrict to carry on with developing on PowerApps! such as shame as Microsoft started ironing out the bugs.

Regular Visitor

3000 contacts using ONE portal every working day costs > $1.5 Million USD per annum, not including any development.

That's a real head-scratcher. I'd have to be an idiot to do this instead of a traditional mobile app & website.

Regular Visitor

We had an identified business risk that Microsoft will just keep ratcheting their prices up once the Office 365 stack became ubiquitous. It's not a risk anymore.

Now that it's happening we have to actively revise our strategic planning to diversify our systems to protect against this. Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations is the first casualty. We were considering this as a finalist for an ERP migration in 2021, but the cost uncertainty has pushed them out of the top 3.

Power BI is on the ledge right now. We've been planning to implement this in early 2020, but now I'm looking to sweat our existing reporting systems and migrate to something with some certainty.

Frequent Visitor

This is such a bait-and-switch. My organization put a good amount of time and effort building flows to help business processes, and now the price is going from being included as part of our E3 licenses to $6000 a year for 5 measly flows. Maybe I should have seen this coming. We're going to have to immediately assess ditching Flow for good, just not worth the cost for small simple flows unless your business runs around this technology.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (42,822)