Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3csman
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

New Patch Item Does Appear in Gallery After Refresh

I repaired a Patch.

I have confirmed the Patch worked by opening the SP list and finding the new item.

I have a Gallery in which the items (Qualifications and Certifications) from the list appear.

The MemberCertsandQualsList is currently 4810 deep.

All previous items (5) associated with my 'test' account appear in the Gallery with the existing condition. 

The new item does not appear in the Gallery when I refresh the data and reopen the screen.

I have the following in the Gallery Items. There is nothing in the Gallery Default. The below returns all Certifications when the dates (currently hidden) are left at defaults (1/1/1980 - Today).

Filter(ForAll(Distinct(MemberCertificationandQualificationCollection,CQTitle),LookUp(Sort(Filter(MemberCertsandQualsList,(DteofCQ>=MemberProfileDatePicker1.SelectedDate)&&(DteofCQ<=MemberProfileDatePicker2.SelectedDate)&&FullNm=MemberProfileFullNmDropdown.Selected.FullNm),DteofCQ,Descending),CQTitle=Result)),!IsBlank(CQTitle))

The should be a new Portable Fire Extinguisher certification in the Gallery. Is my list too big, even using the Collection? Am I missing something?

3csman_0-1611956475950.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
3csman
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

This seems to be doing the trick.👍

Sort(Filter(MemberCertsandQualsList, FullNm=MemberProfileFullNmDropdown.Selected.FullNm), CQTitle, Ascending)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JayMagness
Super User
Super User

HI,

Are you in the make developer and pressing play. If so you may need to refresh the data connection this is because the development environment has a copy local to help speed development. 

This also could be an issue with large datasets. I use Clearcollect and bring them to memory and it actually helps program speed, etc... 

I will send you my contact and may be we can have a teams session to help resolve this issue for you faster.

PatrickMSFT
Microsoft
Microsoft

3csman,

Patch is the way to go so I have to concur with JayMagness, maybe there's something else going on here. You might need to include some kind of refresh button and leverage the ForAll function.

This post goes into this further:

Solved: Update PowerApps Gallery to SharePoint List - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

I also see the item count on that list is hitting 5,000 items so expect working with that list to get tougher once you cross that item count. Some functions may not work at all due to querying errors and non-delegated functions may already be performing more slowly for you.

Let us know!

3csman
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I was under the impression, based on my interactions with folks on these forums and my reading of pertinent literature, that large lists/library data retrieval is well within the performance parameters of PA and SP together.

The above does assume that queries, filters and variables have been structured in such a way as to minimize adverse impact.

I am currently the using the following in the Gallery:

Items

Filter(ForAll(Distinct(MemberCertificationandQualificationCollection,CQTitle),LookUp(Sort(Filter(MemberCertsandQualsList,(DteofCQ>=MemberProfileDatePicker1.SelectedDate)&&(DteofCQ<=MemberProfileDatePicker2.SelectedDate)&&FullNm=MemberProfileFullNmDropdown.Selected.FullNm),DteofCQ,Descending),CQTitle=Result)),!IsBlank(CQTitle)) 

Default: (tis property is blank)

The Dropdown feeding the Gallery has:

Sort(Filter(MemberCollection, Park=ParkAlphaCmboBox.Selected.Park), Park, Ascending)

3csman
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

This seems to be doing the trick.👍

Sort(Filter(MemberCertsandQualsList, FullNm=MemberProfileFullNmDropdown.Selected.FullNm), CQTitle, Ascending)

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,603)