cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Henryed07
Helper III
Helper III

New Responsive Layouts and containers breaking icons

I've noticed a bug with the new Layout containers (which are awesome) and the old containers.

When you add an icon in the new container and then add a container to the layout container, the icon changes angle, see screen shot below. This is happening since the new layout containers were introduced. 

Power Apps.png

7 REPLIES 7
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Henryed07 ,

I could not repro the issue, so could you please record the progress with a gif picture?

Before doing this, please try to: clear browser cache, turn off the Layout containers feature in settings then turn it on. 

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

Hi, 

I've cleared the cache, removed the feature, published, and then enabled the feature and it's still appearing like the screenshot above.

I've attached a gif to show my steps. The top icons are just in the new containers, the other icons are in the previous container inside a new container. 

Hi @Henryed07 ,

Thanks for your reporting, I could repro this now and found with layout container and previous contains together, those icons would rotate about 60 degrees clockwise.

But since Layout Container and Container are both preview feature, I would not report this issue, and suggest you achieve your goal within other ways. 

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

robdev
Advocate I
Advocate I

@v-jefferni Will these bug be addressed soon?

Hi Rob, 

I've raised this to the Team on Twitter, just awaiting their response.

MarkSF
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Henryed07,

If they respond on Twitter, will you share it here too? I ran into the same problem. If there is no fix expected soon I'll start rebuilding my app without the layout containers, but I wouldn't mind waiting a bit if a fix is on its way.

Thanks!

Hi Mark, 

Yes, MS Power Apps on twitter came back to say:

"[The issue] was reported as a preview bug for future updates. Currently we're not aware of the date for a new version to be released...."

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,218)