cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

New Server Errors. Did not appear before, now all the time. No appaent problems, however.

I have not had much trouble with connections, etc.  However, it seems its within the last two weeks that I am getting server errors.  Depsite the errors, it is not clear to me that anything is wrong!  People are asking about it, and I need to make these go away, becuse it is causing some problem in the impression of data quality.  Please advise.

Error Message:

2019-01-21 15_25_52-PowerApps - Kelso Data Central.png

2019-01-14 15_42_46-Kelso Data Central - Saved (Unpublished) - PowerApps.png

That lookup error is suspect.  The statement is actually working when you view the page, but... why the server error?

This is an SQL connector through an on prem gateway.  Any ideas what this is about?

Thank you.

Session ID: 8b072c4f-8b16-42e7-ae2e-2108f5b7c94e
PowerApps 3.18124.26

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: New Server Errors. Did not appear before, now all the time. No appaent problems, however.

Hi @martinav,

Which license do you own for your PowerApps?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Recently within PowerApps, there are some updates with Office 365 Business, Office 365 Enterprise E1 or Office 365 F1 licenses which includes PowerApps.

Users with Office 365 Business, Office 365 Enterprise E1 or Office 365 F1 licenses are being prompted to sign-up for free PowerApps premium trial when using apps containing custom connectors or on-premises gateway. This is in line with the corresponding licensing entitlements and customers are seeing this now due to roll out of improved license enforcement. This will help customers stay compliant with the licensing guidelines. Please refer the PowerApps pricing page for a complete list of licensing entitlements.

Please check the following article for more details:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

In addition, please check if the SQL Server connection within your app is invalid, if yes, please consider take a try to re-create a new connection within your app, then re-publish your app, check if the issue is solved.

Also please consider take a try to turn off/disable the "Explicit column selection" option and "Improved app rendering (final validation)" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app, then re-publish your app, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: New Server Errors. Did not appear before, now all the time. No appaent problems, however.

I have my PowerApps with a SharePoint backend and have experienced similar issues.

I have a PowerApps Plan 2 license, although this error is nothing to do with licensing from what I've experienced.

It seems to me that while editing/using the App, if too many calls to a source are made, then the connection from PowerApps to that source falls over and you get "An error occurred on the server".

Reloading the Editor/App seems to refresh the connection which then gets rid of the error, but it's still a bit of an inconvenience.

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@v-xida-msft,

Thanks for the reply.

Explicit Column Selection was "OFF"

Improved app Rendering was "ON" - I just turned it off and republished.  

The issue did not change.

Current plan is PowerApps Plan 1.

image.png

I found a second server error on another SQL view refresh.  The SQL view generates fine in SQL  Mgmt Studio.  This table is in a different database, but the same gateway.  There are MANY other tables in the same database that are working.  This is an older table that has not changed in a long time.  Additionally, like the other one, the data appears to be working.  But, the error remains.

image.png

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I also received a server error when refreshing my data connections for this app/session:

Session ID: 3c289115-e8d1-4fd0-9295-c3210b6c0e3f
PowerApps 3.18124.22

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@iAm_ManCat,

When you have this error, is your data set truncated?  I do not believe mine is.  It appears that all of the data is updating, and correct.  

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

When I had the issue, the data in the editor was not updating, so it looked like it was unable to pull data from the server - I don't use local collections in this App as it's intended to be used on mobiles as well, so when the data pull stopped, there was nothing to show.

Saved, closed, re-opened - no more issue.
Happened a few times, but I think it's due to the number of calls back to source my app was making at the time, which I have since trimmed down dramatically.

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@v-xida-msft,

Perhaps I do need some license clarifications.

My apps contain:

• Premium Connectors
  • Collect()  <--- This is NOT part of CDS, right?
  • On Premesis Gateway

I currently have a PA Plan1 for myself

I have currently 9 total users accessing my apps.  Users hold these licenses:

• PA for Office 365 (Office 365 Enterprise E3)
  • Flow for Office 365 (Office 365 Enterprise E3)

At current, it seems we are getting the server error, but no data is questionable.  Is there a way to be absolutely sure this is a licensing issue, or an app problem, or both?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@v-xida-msft,

Also getting this in Dynamics365

Session ID: a8550553-4056-4516-92da-491b9989d388
PowerApps 3.18124.22

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I made this statement even into a remark.  It still shows server error!

Whats the deal heare?

BTW, I also had my powerapss licenses updated to Plan 1.  That is no longer a question.  I still have errors.

image.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,627)