cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rolivier
Helper I
Helper I

New Version is creating issues with image uploads and signatures

I have an app that (amongst other things) allows users to upload images and to collect signatures.   The users need to work offline sometimes, so all the data are collected in local collections and then eventually patched to Dataverse tables.   

Everything works great, until I publish a new version.   When I publish a new version of the app, it creates an issue with the uploading of images and collection of signatures.   But all the other data fields work fine.    I'm trying to understand why.  Has anyone dealt with this before?

What happens on new version when user tries to upload image (to local collection):

- It will seem like everything is correct when they take and save the photo.

- In the gallery where the image preview is shown, the image will be blank (but the rest of the data shows correctly).   

- It seems like in some cases when the sync sends the collection to the Dataverse tables, that the image sends?  So I think it's actually there, but just not displaying properly on the tablet?  

If I uninstall and re-install Powerapps, everything works perfect again.   But I can't go around uninstalling and re-installing for every user.   

My hunch is that when the new version of the app installs, that it's somehow not compatible with the existing collections on the tablet?   I don't know if I somehow need to refresh the collection to match the new version of the app?  Or something similar?

Thanks in advance for the help.   This has been causing me huge issues.   

1 REPLY 1
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @rolivier ,

You might have a read of this article and see if it is connected to it as the OnStart process has changed (should only be for navigation though). I am also having issues for other reasons with a couple of newer releases and have rolled everything back to 92.24 for now and all is working fine. Here is a blog of mine on the process for doing that if you have not done it before.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,240)