cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dallenap
Advocate I
Advocate I

New Warning: Number of link entities in query exceeded maximum limit

A new warning message has appeared in the studio for a canvas app that has been working fine for a while now:

"Number of link entities in query exceeded maximum limit"

I found an older thread regarding this topic that states there's a limit to the number of lookup fields for an entity.  Nowhere can I find in MS documentation regarding CDS any limit to the number of lookup fields for an entity.  I have an entity that contains 13 lookup fields.  Is there a way to remove this warning without having to change my entity to use something other than lookups?  The lookups are quite nice for the representation of data in an related model-driven app.  I would like to keep them.

Thanks for any advice.

Kind regards.

Dan

2 REPLIES 2
v-albai-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @dallenap,

It’s a pity that until now there is still such limit(known issue) to the number of lookup fields for an entity. Also there is no such an official documentation talking about this limit.

Actually, it is an known issue with LookUp fields in CRM Entity, please check the following article for more details:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6d0a81af-6da0-4452-b8d1-bcdf80082d24/number-of-link-entiti...

For such limitation issue, I would suggest you add an idea in PowerApps Idea forum to ask if this limitation could be extended for future release:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best Regards,

Allen

dallenap
Advocate I
Advocate I

@v-albai-msft 

According to that "article," which is really a thread in another MS community and shouldn't be considered official documentation at all, the linked entity limit is 10.  I'm not receiving this message on entities that have less than 10 LookUp fields.  The entities in question only have 8 LookUp fields.  Additionally, what if the business rules dictate that an entity must contain greater than 10 (or 8 or whatever arbitrary number mentioned in a 10 year old thread).

This is a completely unacceptable answer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (36,572)