cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David25

New Wiki approach: How to scan the navigation of a Side Collection in Power Apps/Flows and edit it? (Add Sub Pages to Side Pages)

Hello people,

I try to establish in modern sharepoint a wiki system, which should come close to the functions of the old one. One important topic for the usability is the easy creation of Sub Pages under Side Pages (Like Wiki users are used to; just click on an "add page" button and directly add a Sub Page). We thought this could be possible with Power Apps/Flows.

The Process right now looks like this:

• Create Side Page
  • Drag Side Page in the Side Pages organisation to another Side Page, so that it will be a sub page

We just think our colleagues prefer the classic wiki approch. Just simply add a Sub Page to the Side Page.

Our idea so far:

• Create a Power App, where the user looks at the Side Collection of the Wiki Pages
  • The user can click at a Side Page and sees all the Sub Pages. 
  • Then he can add a Sub Page to the Side Page 
  • The user will be sent directly to the Sub Page and can start editing

For this approach Power Apps needs to scan the navigation of the Side Collection and allow us to edit it. Is there an approch for this?

If it is not possbile to directly guide the user to the Sub Page, maybe it is possible to share a link to the Sub Page.

Is there anyone, that can help me with this approach? Or do you know better approaches to this problem? Thanks for any reply! Sorry when my wording is not entirely correct. I'm new to this topic!

Best regards

David

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,283)