Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

New column in Sharepoint List missing in PowerApps

Hello all,

I just create Sharepoint List and then Customize in PowerApps thing to edit the form. It looks ok at start, but then I want to add New Column in my list. So after add it, then come back to PowerApps, this new field never appear in Form/Datacard list. 

I've tried to Refresh the Sharepoint data connection to no avail. Even once tried to delete the connection and add it again which result the connection is break and the form looks lost data source and cannot add that newly added. I had to restore back the apps so it will link again.

I noticed many same issue since years about this, but haven't got any straight way to resolved it. Any advice how get that new field in PowerApps ?

Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Re: New column in Sharepoint List missing in PowerApps

Hi @Voltes ,

you added New Column in SharePoint, then it will not be added automatically.

if you are in edit mode then First you create a Column and that click on the data source and refresh the list where you added the column and after that click on the Edit field on the right side Property menu.
Please see the demo for reference - 
Hope it will help you to resolve your issue. - 
NewCOlumnAdded.gif
Thanks,

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."-Vijay

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi Vijay,

Yes, I did Refresh my Data source connection like your example. As well as Edit fields then Add Fields from the Property menu. That is the problem, my new field not listed over there.

Thanks,

Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Can you Please save Once and CLose and Open again your App. SOme time Cache Issue happens.

hope this will resolve your Issue.
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

nRe: New column in Sharepoint List missing in PowerApps

Still no luck. Even after I clear (Delete) the browser cache.

Btw for PowerApps create from Sharepoint, where can we find it inside PowerApps it self ?

I checked in Solution > Default Solution, but cannot find it. Since as you're mentioned Save and Open again, I don't know from where instead from Sharepoint->to my List -> edit one of the record then click the Customize in PowerApps menu.

Thanks

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Re: Re: New column in Sharepoint List missing in PowerApps

I've decided to delete the form and re-create it. However, surprisingly, that new field still not listed. Is it related to the fact that this new field is an image type?

Thanks,

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

It turned out, it is because the field is image. I added new column again, but this time is a Single text, and it appeared after I refreshed. 

So is it an exclusion ?

Thanks,

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately yes, it is due to the new column type image. See discsussion here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/How-do-I-display-an-image-column-from-my-Sha...

Hopefully we'll get clarification soon of whether this is a bug or just unsupported. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,795)