cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agneum
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

New columns in SQL table doesn't show up

For a gallery I have a connection to SQL database to get my list. In the SQL table I have added a new column and entered some data. When I try to refresh the connection from within powerapps, nothing happens. When I reference the table by name I get the error that the identifier could not be found (or something like this).

So, I deleted the connection entirely and made a completely new one. Same error. 

Does anyone know what the issue might be?

I know for sure the column exists and that the name is spelled correctly. Just that the column definition isn't updated in Powerapps.

How can I force this update to happen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yup, it has a primary key that's auto-incrementing. I could see the column now, maybe it just needed more time...

I think it's strange because I both updated AND removed the reference from here without it recognizing the column definitions.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@agneum 

Did you remember to include a primary key in your table?

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

timl
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @agneum 

I think this has been buggy for quite a while. Is it on-prem SQL that you're using? If so, restarting the gateway can sometimes help.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Refreshing-SQL-Server-Schema-in-PowerApps/m-... 

Yup, it has a primary key that's auto-incrementing. I could see the column now, maybe it just needed more time...

I think it's strange because I both updated AND removed the reference from here without it recognizing the column definitions.

View solution in original post

timl
Super User III
Super User III

Glad that's working @agneum. Out of interest, what kind of delay was there between you making the change in SQL, and seeing it in PowerApps? Was it 10s of minutes, or hours?

@timl  It was about 15 minutes maybe, and that's after me updating everything in the left pane and re-adding the connection.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (17,669)