cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

New entities from data (Technical Preview) errors

When attempting to create a new entitiy in CDS using a 'shaped' dataset, such as I would for PowerBI I am receiving an error message that requests that I report the error code to PowerApps Support. The codes are:

b217790f-d76a-48d9-95b9-32c632fe7f4c

d17d6177-a360-4e68-b323-270463b649c4

Here is a copy of the query being used to create the dataset (source information has been removed. It is an on-premise SQL server accessed via a data gateway). I suspect that there might be lines in the query that not yet supported, but would like confirmation. 

let
    Source = Sql.Database("SQL Server", "Database"),
    dbo_dimLocation = Source{[Schema="dbo",Item="dimLocation"]}[Data],
    #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(dbo_dimLocation, each ([IsLocationActive] = true) and ([Country] = "AUSTRALIA") and ([OwnershipType] = "COMPANY OPERATED")),
    #"Added Index" = Table.AddIndexColumn(#"Filtered Rows", "Index", 0, 1),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Added Index",{"factCogs(LocationKey)", "factCogs(LocationKey) 2", "factCustomerFeedback", "factEmployeeAvailability", "factEmployeeStatistics", "factGuestFeedback", "factInventory", "factItemSales_Day", "factItemSales_Hour_Check", "factLabour_Hourly", "factLabour_Ideal", "factLabour_Timecard(LocationKey)", "factLabour_Timecard(LocationKey) 2", "factProductSales", "factPurchasesByInvoice", "factSales", "factSalesBudget", "factSalesForecast"})
in
    #"Removed Columns"

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: New entities from data (Technical Preview) errors

Hi AJGilbey,

Are you trying to create a custom entity in CDS?

About how to create a custom entity in CDS, please check this documentation for a reference:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/data-platform-create-entity/

I am not sure how could use a “shaped” dataset to create a custom entity in CDS. But for the query you are using, I would suggest you post it on PowerBI forum to get the most qualified respondents.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,661)