cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sns
Advocate I
Advocate I

New or Edit buttons on SharePoint lists not working

I opened a support ticket with MS because when I click New or Edit on the list on my SharePoint site nothing happen. 

The list use to open a form that it was made on Power apps but not anymore. This issue is only with we use google Chrome as a browser  because it work with all the other ones. Can someone help me please. Thank you

37 REPLIES 37
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@sns 

Have you tried these steps as suggested by the official documentation?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/customize-list-form

1.  From your list in SharePoint, open the settings page (by selecting the gear icon near the upper-right corner), and then select List settings.

2.  Under General settings, select Form settings.

3.  On the Form Settings page, select the Use a custom form created in PowerApps options, and then select OK.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

The issue is that when users click on New a form supposed to show up on the right hand side and the New btn is not working properly, is not communicating with the Form in Power ApssAnnotation 2019-11-28 115718.png

mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@sns 

Yep, that's exactly what I thought you were asking.  Did you give my idea a try?

(Sometimes exporting the PowerApp, deleting the PowerApps and then re-importing the PowerApp has worked out weird issues like this for me in the past too).

Yup,It was already in that way. @mdevaney 

2.png

mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@sns 

Only one other idea: does the New button work if you Switch to another "View"  (e.g. something that is not AllItems)?

Mmmm Interesting, it does work when I create a different view. @mdevaney 

mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@sns 

Well now we know its just a problem with the View rather than the whole list.  I found this issue on a post about SharePoint 2013.  I know you are not using that version but I realized the problem was similar.  https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/76848/sharepoint-2013-new-item-link-bug

To fix you could create a new list view that is exactly the same as AllItems, set it to be the default and build the PowerApp on top of that view.  If that's not an option suggest you wait for support from your MS ticket.

I'm glad we could narrow this problem down a bit for you.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Hi @mdevaney 

It worked first time I tried but not anymore. I seriously don't know what is going on.

Keep in mind that this issue only happen on Google Chrome, all other browsers are fine.

Any other idea that I can try? Ty

mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@sns
Nope that’s all I got sorry 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,453)