cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

New or Edit buttons on SharePoint lists not working

I opened a support ticket with MS because when I click New or Edit on the list on my SharePoint site nothing happen. 

The list use to open a form that it was made on Power apps but not anymore. This issue is only with we use google Chrome as a browser  because it work with all the other ones. Can someone help me please. Thank you

37 REPLIES 37
Highlighted

It's ok. Thank you for all your help @mdevaney  I really appreciated it. 😊

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

I have the same issue in Chrome: PowerApps forms on SharePoint list do not open with New or Edit. It works when I first click on the problem list, then on another list with a standard form and then back to the problem list: issue gone until you do a refresh.

Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Same problem here. This issue started happening on Wednesday morning right before SharePoint went down to read-only mode for a while that morning for unexpected maintenance. Something to do with the updates they ran the night before.

It's a Chrome-related issue specifically. Affects a large portion of my users.

In general, PowerApps seems to be running more clunky and less optimized after that update as well.

Highlighted

I'm reaching out to the mods for more info.  Any ideas about this issue @v-xida-msft @v-yutliu-msft?

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

I am facing exactly the same issue. It looks a PowerApps bug because today I updated another PowerApps form that was working fine, but after the update, stopped to open.

I also opened a ticket but have no solution till now.

Highlighted

We have the exact same issue. It began 11/27 and we have yet to find a solution.

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

@sns I had the same issue and what I realized is that it's partly due to the json format columns you have in your view. Try removing the json code from each column and any date columns as well.
Once you remove all the json code/formatting columns then refresh a couple of times or close the browser. Try to see if it helps (it worked for me). However, i'm also submitting a ticket to microsoft because the formatting columns do help the end user and it's something I plan to use in the future. Keep us posted.

Highlighted

I can confirm removing the JSON code formatting solved the issue for us too.

Highlighted

@shoff @sns This morning I wanted to try your suggestion about removing the JSON formatting, but to my surprise I noticed that the problem is gone! Tried on two different sites and one other user. 

😕UPDATE: half an hour later the problem seems to be back on both sites! Removing JSON formatting does not help. After a few refreshes the problem is back.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,728)