cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pbernardes
Level: Powered On

Re: New or Edit buttons on SharePoint lists not working

Removing the Json code worked for me too.

Tks @lui 

LukeC

Removing the JSON does "fix" the problem, but what we have is a broken key feature of SharePoint on Chrome.

Both my custom JSON and SharePoint's out-of-the-box conditional column formatting which generates JSON automatically are encountering this issue.

Unless Microsoft's intent is to no longer support Chrome, this is a broken feature that started Wednesday A.M. PST 11/27/19 and is still unresolved, with multiple parties affected.

sns

Interesting. Thank you @lui. I removed the json code from my columns and It worked. I still have my ticket open with MS cause I agree that to be able to format the columns it comes pretty handy for the users. 

Thanks again

FvdH

@LukeC Removing Json formatting made no difference in my case. Tried on two different lists on different sites

sns

Ohhh really?? 😪

lui

@FvdH what sort of columns do you have? remember the out of the box conditional formatting columns would need to be removed from the view (for example, date columns)

frankzinck

I didn't actually remove the json, I created a view where there are no json fields visible, then refreshed the page and everything works. What a pain. The json is one of our key features of our SharePoint site.

sns

@lui Yup after refreshing the page, it went back to not working. Unfortunately I can't remove the date columns on my list they are part of the purpose of the list. 😪

FvdH

@lui Yes, removed the date fields from the view too. Also tried a view that only shows the title: same problem. It seems to solve it at first, but after a refresh the problem is back. 

Highlighted
lui

I'm hoping this is a temporary solution until MS comes up with a fix.
I had to remove the json from all views in my list to have it work in a more consistent basis. I found that if other views contain json, you may experience issues throughout the day.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,861)