cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LukeC
Level: Powered On

Re: New or Edit buttons on SharePoint lists not working

@lui agreed. 

Surprised we have heard from no one at the Microsoft team about this.

Our JSON is too integral to our daily business, so our Chrome users have been instructed to use the workaround of navigating to a different list, then back to the original list they intended to work on. Not too elegant.

Further, we've stopped development on everything until this is resolved because this is so system-breaking.

frankzinck

I filed a ticket with Microsoft and one of their engineers called me this morning. I did Teams with him and showed him exactly what was happening....... he needs to chat with the developers, I think it threw him for a loop. The engineer is going to call me back after a meeting with them. I'll keep you guys posted.   I am hoping for a fix as this has really impacted our production.

sns

Thank you @frankzinck, please keep us posted. 😉

frankzinck

I spoke to Microsoft about our issue yesterday and the engineer was going to talk to their Development team and this morning our SharePoint custom forms PowerAPP is now working in Google Chrome...... Coincidence? It looks like the Chrome version hasn't changed but it's now working so something on Microsoft end I expect.  Anyone else's working now? You may need to open a ticket with Microsoft.

sns

@frankzinck  Thank you for letting us know. Yes the problem seems to be resolved on our end as well. I'm very disappointed with the response I got from MS which was that since Chrome was not one of their product, we should work with Microsoft edge or Internet explorer until the problem was fixed, not timeline not email letting us know that the issue was already fixed, nothing. Hope we can have a better experience with them next time. In any case thank you so much to all of you for your fast response an support. Best Regards and see you next time. 🤗

LukeC

It's working over here too now. Thanks everyone for your effort and for getting this resolved.

One of the first things I did was check the Stable channel timing of Chrome, and the latest released a full week before this started occurring on 11/27. So it was purely something caused on Microsoft's side right around 11/27 morning / 11/26 night.

Also if Microsoft does plan on planned obsoleting Chrome, they had better get SharePoint and PowerApps running faster in Edge than Chrome. Because right now, it's the opposite. Test for yourself on your apps.

FvdH

I can confirm now that it works once the JSON column formatting is removed. At first this did not help in my case, but the next day it seemed ok, probably due to computer restart. But as soon as I apply any JSON column formatting it stops working.

Highlighted
frankzinck

Most of ours is back to working like it was. It was a Microsoft issue. if you still have issues I would submit a ticket.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,092)