cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: New permissions?

I am currently having this problem. Doesn't do it on my old Apps but ones I have created or Saved this week as for Permissions to Allow EVERYTIME I open in the app in edit or play mode? Any ideas?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

I am still having this issue, it is not fixed. Every single time I open an app (that I have created or saved in the last week or two) it asks me to "Allow" on the permissions. This is annoying for me and my users...any ideas what is going on and when this will be resolved?

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Sounds exactly the same as my original issue, maybe worth messaging one of the team with your session ID or tagging them in.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

I'm new to using the Forums part...just viewed before. How do I do that? And did your original issue go away? I have a new App I am supposed to be rolling out any day now and I need this resolved before I do.

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi Rebecca

This link describes how to get a SessionId:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/get-sessionid

If you can provide that in a reply, we can take a look in the logs and hopefully identify the root cause of your issue. I'm only aware of the known issue already mentioned here where if the same connection is used within too many apps then users may hit this issue. The team is working an an error handling fix to warn users when this occurs rather than silently failing as is occurring currently, and longer term to implement improvements to support a higher limit.

Hope that helps

-David

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Session ID: 92f4cb13-5155-4c7c-85ed-7118756aa739

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

I do have the same list being used on several Apps. This is a big project that several different divisions will be using different aspects of it...that is probably why I am getting this....ugh...I don't know of a better way to do this without splitting it like I have but I will think that through and see if I can come up with a different option until there is a fix for this.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Okay...I just tested that theory and make a simple copy of an App that is the only one tied to that Sharepoint List (other than the original that I made the copy of) and I still get that same error. 

Also, I have one that is a previous version of the one I am currently working on that is tied to the same exact SP List but I just haven't edited it in a few weeks and it doesn't give any errors so that is definately not my issue. 

Highlighted

Our users are getting prompted to allow permission for the Sharepoint connector every time the app loads. Is there a fix for this?

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Can you please provide a couple of SessionID's where users have hit this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,888)