cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmclaughlin
Post Patron
Post Patron

New print function in powerapps - has the issue with sharepoint been resolved

I was so excited when the new print() function came out in powerapps and then immediately was disappointed since I use sharepoint lists.  I read that was why the print was not working. Has there been any resolution?

13 REPLIES 13
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Where did you read that there was an issue printing from Power Apps when the data source was SharePoint?  I've used it and it works fine.

1) Create an app and add a Print page to the app

2) Add a display form to the page

3) Add a SharePoint list as a data source

4) Point the form at the list and set the item to be First(Datasourcename)

5) Run the app in the PC and click the Print button.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Pstork1 

I think what @dmclaughlin is referring to is a SharePoint Integration.

@dmclaughlin there is no change in the limitation of the custom forms and the Print function.  Hopefully at some point soon.  I believe it is all related to the fact that the custom form is part of a larger page and not its own screen/app.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

@RandyHayes OK, I get the question now.  The problem is the layout for the Print functionality is its own screen and since you can't add additional screens to the custom integrated form, you fail on my Step #1.  Personally, I don't hold out a lot of hope that we will ever see support for the current functionality in integrated SharePoint forms.  Too many underlying features would need to change.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Pstork1 

I tend to agree on that hypothesis!

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

Thank you.. yes it is a huge limitation that I cant use this with sharepoint.  All my power apps are using sharepoint lists.  If anyone ever sees this fixed.. I'd love to know about it.

That is very frustrating.    To be able to do a so a print button in powerapps is a huge drawback.  Crazy that such a simple thing cant be resolved.

As I said, I don't think you will see this behavior change.  If you need to do printing I would suggest using a regular Power App.  Then embedding that app in a SharePoint page and using that for data entry instead of the customized form.

Well I have so many written this way now.. hard to spend time redoing.  So you are saying if I had a power app form, then add a data list for sharepoint list then it would work?

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@dmclaughlin 

What @Pstork1 is saying is that if you put your customized form app into a standalone app and then embed that in your SharePoint site, you will then have the functionality from the app.  

This is to say that if you start your app as a full app rather then customized form, you will get the functions to work.

This is certainly a change to the way you may be doing this as a customized form (i.e. the user experience) but it will provide more flexibility and ability in the long run.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,968)