cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s44
Super User
Super User

New problem Cascading dropdown with choice type columns

Hello, I have 2 SharePoint lists with "Choice" type columns that look like this : 

s44_1-1649930038901.png

s44_0-1649930015736.png

I would like to create "Cascading Dropdown" on a form with Power Apps, by connecting to my SharePoint lists. But I don't understand at all how to do this with choice type columns. Everything I try fails. 😞

For example, I tried to write this:

s44_0-1650009347716.png

s44_1-1650009394463.png

But when I launch my Power Apps form, it doesn't work, the items of "Filiere" are empty :

s44_2-1650009460233.png

Can you help me please ? Thanks in advance ><

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The below simply should work - particularly when you are not getting any errors (which implies all the references are correct)

Distinct(
   AddColumns(
      Filter(
         'Categorie et Filiere'; 
         Categorie.Value = DataCardValue2.Selected.Value
      ),
      "FiliereValue",
      Filiere.Value
   ),
   FiliereValue
).Result

I assume you see this when you select Edit in the right pane  - if so I have no other answer - it simply should work (and does do when I tested it here).

WarrenBelz_0-1650026207966.png

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @s44 ,

Try this

Distinct(
   AddColumns(
      Filter(
         'Categorie et Filiere'; 
         Categorie.Value = DataCardValue2.Selected.Value
      ),
      "FiliereValue",
      Filiere.Value
   ),
   FiliereValue
).Result

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

I just tried your solution, but I still have the same problem. The items of "Filiere" are empty on the Power Apps form 😞 @WarrenBelz 

s44_1-1650015176422.png

s44_0-1650015059625.png

Hi @s44,

Please see this video for more clarity https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKMwayf_cuM.

Hope this helps...

Cheers,

PMDY

What Shane Young does in his video doesn't work. Because I have ComboBoxes and not DropDowns @Pavan_Mani_Deep 

Indeed the video does not offer any solution to solve your problem. But I'm just as stuck as you. It's a very strange problem.

I've been stuck for 2 days 😞

@s44 ,

How many items are in the list 'Categorie et Filiere' ? The Distinct filter is not Delegable

I have 7 lines ^^ @WarrenBelz 

s44_1-1650020249822.png

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

@s44 ,

The syntax is valid - I just did a test here to confirm this as below - Items of the second combo box

WarrenBelz_0-1650022069932.png

and the output

WarrenBelz_1-1650022114175.png

Are you sure this is not a data issue?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,877)