cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FJ
Level: Powered On

New to PowerApps (non-developer), need some help understanding how to build a simple App

Hello Powerapp Community Team,

I am a non-developer and wanted to assess the viability of someone like me to be able to create applications without any real coding knowledge. 

I was wondering if someone could help me create a super-simple application, as I have been struggling for a couple of days to create a very simple 3 page app.

Essentially I am creating an interview observation Application.

I want the screens to essentiallt look like this.

Home Page:        ---> Client 1    --->                         Observations Screen                    ---->   Observation 1 (multi-lines)             

(create new observation under project)           observations

Client 1                         Project 1                                Observation 1 - With time Stamp                     feeling

Client 2                         Project 2                                Observation 2                                                  Thinking  

Client 3                  (projects unique to client)                                                                                     Insights 

GPS Location

Take Photos

I hope this makes sense, but essetially, everything is nested as they are unique to a specific project, client and observation.

Thanks!

FJ

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: New to PowerApps (non-developer), need some help understanding how to build a simple App

Hi FJ,

What’s your data source? Please provide some information about your data source.

You could create an app from data with your data source, then there will be three default screens on you app.
You could also create an app from scratch then customize your app according to your needs.

Please check this documentation for a reference:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/working-with-forms/

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
FJ
Level: Powered On

Re: New to PowerApps (non-developer), need some help understanding how to build a simple App

Hello Mabel,

I am currently using the Common Data Service as my data source.

My issue is related to keeping the data unique by client, project and observation.  I just can't seem to wrap my head around that.

thanks!

FJ

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi FJ,

My understanding is that you want to show your data on three screens, say show Client on Screen1, Project related to the Client on Screen2, Observation related to the Client on Screen3.

So I created a custom entity with fields Client, Project and Observation, looks like below:

1.png

Then I created an app from blank, add a connection to this CDS entity.

Then added three screens:
On Screen1, added a gallery control, set its Items property as the entity. Set Text property of one Text box as ThisItem.Client. Then deleted the other Text box controls.

On Screen2, add a Display Form control, set its Data source as the entity, and its Items property as Gallery1.Selected. Then selected the Project field from the Form customization pane.

On screen3, add an Edit Form control, set its Data source as the entity, and its Items property as Gallery.Selected. Then selected only Observation field from the Form customization pane.3.PNG

Hope it could be a reference for you. If I misunderstand you, please feel free correct me.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,881)