cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

New to Powerapps - Bit of help needed

Good morning all,

I have been using Power BI for some time and thought I would try Power Apps, Its really good.

I have created a simple app, with a search box to lookup rows within an SQL database that match that field, it works !

I have a couple of question though.

1) When you first load the app, there nothing in the search box, it automatically starts and populates from the whole table, is there a way to only populate when something is enter into the search box ?

My search box is this

2) I have noticed there is a barcode feature (the code i am searching is a barcode number) i have managed to get the feature on there, how do get I get the result on the barcode scan scan to go into the search box ?

Any help would be greatley appriciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi,

You can do an IsBlank check to get whether there is something in the checkbox and then only show items if it is not blank:

Items value of your Gallery:

If(
    IsBlank(TextInputBoxName.Text),
    Blank()
    YourExistingFilterConditionsGoHere
)

If you're not using a Gallery let me know and we can work out another way around it,

Thanks,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi @Superrug,

For your BarCode Scanner to display the result in a searchbox you can use this kind of formula in the "OnScan" property of the Barcode Scanner :

TextInput1.Text=BarcodeScanner1.Value

image.png

Additionnaly you can check this video to help you understand what is possible with barcode scanner in Power Apps.

Using the Set() formula to create a variable could be usefull in your scenario.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWUvttbYpu4

Hope this helps,

Antoine

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (16,012)