cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hemant_kr
Regular Visitor

New to Powerapps: Shout out is not working for me

Hi All,

I am new to power apps and trying to customize the Shoutout app for my organization.

When  I started to customize the app it asked me for the permission of office 365 and outlook. I customized it and saved the same, but when I am sending shoutouts to the users it's not going to anyone and also my shoutouts are not getting saved, in new session it is empty.

I read multiple threads and seems to be app saves the data in an excel sheet but the app did not ask for any connection.

Please help me with this.

13 REPLIES 13
Powerapps_Dan
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks Reza for your help on this!

Everything is working well, however I'm having some issues trying to get uploaded images to display.

I have a column in my sharepoint list called "Image" and I can see data being patched here when someone sends a shoutout with an image (appears as appres://blobmanager/) however when clicking the show/hide image button in the activity feed doesn't show the uploaded photo.

Would you have a way to make this work? 

Thanks in advance! 

mgudites
Helper I
Helper I

What I'm not understanding is...do I HAVE to connect this app to SharePoint in order for it to work. I just created an app using the newest template. I can run the app, send a shoutout, and the user gets notified, but the shoutout doesn't actually "stick" in the Shoutout app. When I reload it, it's back to the default.

Unfortunately the app no longer works out of the box, you'll need to connect it to a different data source to save/read the data. Doesn't have to be SharePoint, however it's the platform I used since I have some experience with it.  

Thanks, I did get it to work with SharePoint for the most part. I'm trying to figure out the image part now, as what Reza did in his video ("multiple lines of text" field) doesn't seem to be working. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,107)