cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

New unexpected Gallery behavior using Template Fill formula

Something changed that "Render In Classic Mode" seems to fix.  But I don't know why and I think this must be a bug.  

My app has a gallery that is used to navigate through records.  When user clicks on gallery tem, I set Template Fill to coral. 

--- If(ThisItem.IsSelected,Coral,White)

Works fine.

The issue occurs when user filters the gallery using a search box.  All is well as the user enters charcters to winnow items in gallery.  The problem begins when the user either clears the search box or begins to delete characters from the text in the search box.  Suddenly, numerous gallery items associated with the search text are Coral color.    Not all, but a random handful.  

image.png

Notice that the text in gallery item, which has a function f(ThisItem.IsSelected,White,Black) actually seems to work (the only item white is a result of the previous search).  This makes me think that there is an issue with the Template Fill attribute.

Anyone else seeing this?  Will I get into trouble with my Render in Classic Mode solution?   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: New unexpected Gallery behavior using Template Fill formula

this should be fixed in the current release (3.18074.16)

please try enabling improved app rendering from AppSettings and confirm it is working

image.png

thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Thanks for reporting the issue, we have identified the issue and we will be working on a fix as soon as possible

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

this should be fixed in the current release (3.18074.16)

please try enabling improved app rendering from AppSettings and confirm it is working

image.png

thanks

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

That does the trick.  Thank you for following this through.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,006)