cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NewForm() not populating defaults in form

I have the defaultmode set to new and also I am invoking the NewForm function when pressing the navigation button to the page where the form is.

16 REPLIES 16

My understanding is that it is EditForm or ViewForm that populates data from datasource. Therefore your navigate Button should rather be: EditForm(YourFormName)

New form don't populate forms, is supposed to be blank

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-form

that it says it should be populating the default values while in newform though.

Try this:
On the Onselect of your button: EditForm(YourFormName)

eka24
Super User III
Super User III

The EditForm talks about "existing record" and that is what I supposed you are looking for

The NewForm talks about "default values", these values are not in your sharepoint list, they are on the form when the user has not entered anything before it is saved. for Example, you can put Now() as a default in the Datepicker. This default is not in the sharepoint list therefore you cany populate from the list. however, when you open the newform the defaultdate Now() woul show in the field.

ilton
Resolver II
Resolver II

Is my understanding that if a NewForm connected to a datasource is not populating the default is because it's because it can recognize the default it might be a default that's only applied in the data source not in the form
ilton
Resolver II
Resolver II

If you use the method Defaults(someDataSource) you'll be able to see the default values of that variable and maybe the problem is the SharepointList
Anonymous
Not applicable

no, they're not in my SharePoint list. in the columns you can set a default value for lets say the choose type.

This is what I'm talking about:
Screenshot (12)_LI.jpg
and I want that to be pulled into the form.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (34,538)