cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanLong
Level: Powered On

Newbie Powerapp help for Shoutout template

Hi everyone,

I'm currently trying to get the Shoutout Powerapp template to work and not having much luck.

I've created the app and saved it to onedrive, it has all the correct connections: Office365 Users, Office 365 Outlook and Sharepoint.

However it doesn't seem to be pulling data into the template when I click the "preview app" button. 

The App checker is red and there are lots of little red crosses on various parts of the screen. 24 Formulas, 1 Runtime and 11 Accessibility. I'm assuming these errors are all to do with no data being pulled into the app somehow. Could it be a permission setting within PowerApps as I'm not an IT admin or anything.

I have attached an example error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Power Apps Staff caburk
Power Apps Staff

Re: Newbie Powerapp help for Shoutout template

We're rolling out a fix for the concurrent function issue, but do not currently have plans to make major changes to the app. A couple resources you can check out:

How to convert the Shoutouts app to SQL Server

Deep dive videos for the PowerApps samples

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Have you tried removing the Concurrent function? I have experienced inconsistent results with Concurrent.

Hope this helps.

Super User
Super User

As mentioned on the error - "Use of the Navigate function within Concurrent function is not allowed"

What I notice is that you are also trying to set a variable in that statement. "Set(_newShoutoutStep,1)"

If all of the other areas where you see red X's have use or indirectly make use of the _newShoutoutStep variable, they will all become invalid.  Reason being, the designer cannot assume the initial types and values of the variable because the statement that creates it (ie. the one you showed) is invalid.

As mentioned, remove the Concurrent and simply have the line as:

Set(_newShoutoutStep,1); Navigate(SearchPersonScreen, None)

Hope that helps.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Power Apps Staff caburk
Power Apps Staff

Great advice @RandyHayes. There's a known issue with this app, where the function should not have been written that way. We're working to rollout a fix. 

SeanLong

Hello, Thankyou all for your responses. Amazingly the app just started working so I'm assuming there was something not updating in the background. I didn't have to do anything. 

Thanks,

Sean

SeanLong

Hi Caburk, I was wondering what the development plans for this app are? My organisation are very keen to roll this out.

Power Apps Staff caburk
Power Apps Staff

We're rolling out a fix for the concurrent function issue, but do not currently have plans to make major changes to the app. A couple resources you can check out:

How to convert the Shoutouts app to SQL Server

Deep dive videos for the PowerApps samples

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,279)