cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Newbie Question - Customizing SharePoint Form - Warning Message

I followed this Microsoft example to the letter. When I customize the sharepoint form I am getting this warning and it does not go away. See attached. I've seen some other posts about this and honestly can not understand why there is this warning with OOTB code.  I can't believe ignoring this is the right answer, when it is the default code and behavior provided by Microsoft.  Can anyone suggest how to resolve this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Lack of foresight on Microsoft's part - it is a Delegation warning as IsBlank() is not Delegable. Change it to just

SharePointIntegration.Selected

and the warning will go away

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Lack of foresight on Microsoft's part - it is a Delegation warning as IsBlank() is not Delegable. Change it to just

and the warning will go away

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the fast response @WarrenBelz! That is indeed the solution.  

So for any other poor soul starting out with this and sees this issue, here is what I changed. The formula on the canvas of an OOTB sharepoint customized form is this: 

If(IsBlank(SharePointIntegration.Selected) || IsEmpty(SharePointIntegration.Selected),First([@PowerAppList]),SharePointIntegration.Selected)

I changed it to this:

Side note... does MS test their own products with their own documentation? This was a basic 101 test I just did. 🤔

Thanks @Anonymous ,

You will also find some Delegation documents that are contradictory to the current rules.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,802)