Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmchx
Helper III
Helper III

Newbie power Apps need advice.

Dear All Experts,

I'm a newbie to power apps and the way to using formulas. I tried learning on the template such as leave requests but I still don't know what do I need to start. 

Could you recommend any resources for learning the power apps and the formulas, except the Microsoft learn?

Or some best practice when we need to use collection/Gallery  / how can we calculate the data inside the form?

1 REPLY 1
Caz_16
Frequent Visitor

- Get started with Shane Young's videos on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7_OGRP8BYvtGB8eZdPG6Ng . Also the Microsoft documentation will be very helpful once you get your bearings. 

- Id like to point out that if you post vague questions you aren't going to get good answers. Collections can be used for many things, but you need to give more details about the scope of the problem and what your objective is. For example, what are the calculations you want to perform? Whats the underlying dataset? Do you even need to be using collections in the first place? Can you just perform the calculation on the dataset side? So work through that and then see my next bullet. 

- This forum already has TONS of answers to questions you will likely have as you work on your app (like working with collections). This forum's results will appear in a Google search, so just search for your question and you will likely find your answer. If you re-post an already answered question someone will just answer it with a link to another post. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,257)