I am newbie on this forum and this is my first post 🙂
Having started to spend more time with PowerApp, my thinking process for this app is
1) I got a list of say records of 5 companies consisted of company names, contact details etc... this stores on excel spreadsheet.
2) I can connect my powerApp using excel as my data source
3) Imaging a page with a single company record, with a button when click fire off an API that retrieve information from https://opencorporates.com/ which passes the query / name of current company's name. For example if my current record is called Apple, this button will trigger a API call with this URL https://opencorporates.com/companies?q=Apple
4) This API will trigger Flow to do the calling process and retrieve results (I think I am OK with the Flow bit)
5) Return the result from FLOW back to PowerApp (assuming I want just top 10 records return)
6) I want the ability to select just one record from the result then bind Open Corporate's Company Number with my PowerApp Company Number (which is a blank column in excel used as the data source)
7) Save the info
Please can someone kindly explain to me or point me to the right direction on how to do this? I think the bit I couldn't seem to get my head round is ability to use data returned from API called in flow and select just one result to bind with my records (step 6-7).
In fact I dont think I know how to do 1-7 over all to be honest 😄
Thank you in advance for your help / advice.
It sounds like you want to:
Here's some things you'll need to know:
Power Apps expects a strictly consistent set of columns to be returned from Power Automate. Look carefully at what is returned from the website you're checking.
Below is an example of using the Google Books API.
Adding some regulars who work with HTTP:
Learn how to create your own user groups today!
Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!
Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!
Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.