cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joybaylon_
Helper I
Helper I

Newly created column in sharepoint list didnt reflect on powerapps.

Hi, I have newly created column in sharepoint list didnt but reflect in power apps. I have already tried to refresh the datasource and reboot machine. 

8 REPLIES 8
BrianS
Super User
Super User

When you say "didn't reflect" what exactly are you not seeing? If you are trying to see it in a form you will have to manually add it thru the Fields dialog.  

Hi BrianS,

I'm using this formula 

Set(varFileLink,LookUp(transactionList, transactionNo=galleryTransaction.Selected.transactionNo,aveLifeFile));

Created aveLifeFile column in transactionList(sharepointlist) but encountered error on the formula 'Name isn't valid. 'aveLifeFile isn't recognized.

Please note that I have already refreshed the datasource(transactionList)

BrianS
Super User
Super User

I think you just have your closing parenthesis for the Lookup in the wrong place. Try:

Set(varFileLink,LookUp(transactionList, transactionNo=galleryTransaction.Selected.transactionNo),aveLifeFile);

Have tried that. It still shows the same error 'Name isn't valid. 'aveLifeFile isn't recognized.

BrianS
Super User
Super User

If you put a label on the page and set it to First(transactionList.aveLifeFile) do you still get the error? Does it auto suggest after you type the period?

Yeah. It didn't auto suggest the aveLifeFile but I can see it suggested the other columns existing on my sharepointlist.

BrianS
Super User
Super User

That is odd - if you go into the list settings and hoover over the field name in the list it should spit out a long character string at the bottom of the page - does the end of that string say aveLifeFile?

What type of field is it?

joybaylon_
Helper I
Helper I

joybaylon__0-1657892857331.png

yeah, I can see the aveLifeFile at the end of the string when I hover the column.

This is strange because I have also created before the 'file' column (hyperlink type) and used in the same formula.

Set(varFileLink,LookUp(transactionList, transactionNo=galleryTransaction.Selected.transactionNo,file));

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,425)