cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ricke

No Field Groups are created for my CDS entities created by importing from SQL Server

Hi, I'm trying to get lookup tables working in my PowerApp.    I used the New Entities from Data feature to create new entities based on tables imported from an Azure SQL Server database.   The entities get created OK but I have no field groups created which I think I need to get lookups to work.   I created relationships between my parent table (People) and 2 other tables also now entitities where I would look up things like someones title and team based on a PositionID and SolutionAreaID in the People table.

I used the create app automatically from data feature to build my app, but the BrowseScreen just uses the ID fields and I can't get them to display the LookUp values instead I think because I don't have the Field Groups populated.

Any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks,

Rick

2 REPLIES 2
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ricke,

So you have created new entities from data successfully, and now you are trying to create relationships between the newly created entity and two other tables. Have you created the lookup relationship successfully?

You said that there is no Field groups on the entity, could you show me a screenshot for this?

On gallery of the app you created from data, besides the ID field, could you show other fields? Such as text field, number field but not the lookup values.

Have you tried with other data bases such as SharePoint list, Excel, etc. to test this issue on your side?

Reference about how to create new entities in the Common Data Services:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/data-platform-cds-newentity-pq/

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi I really want to reply to this but I have a response with a lot of screenshots embedded to illustrate my issues and I can't find any obvious way to include that info.  Can I upload a PDF with my reply?

Thanks,

Rick

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,499)