cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

No Image Appearing in Gallery

I have a SP list of Sites. One of the list columns is SteImgUrl. I have pasted image specific URLs on each line of the list for the specific Site it represents. 

The formula for my Gallery is Filter(PrkSnpShtCollection, Park=SnpShtPrkDD.Selected.Result), and returns all desired data, however nothing populate the 'Image' field (box in top right of Gallery). The Item of the Image field is set to ThisItem.ParkImageURL.

All data currently changes and updates based on the selection in the dropdown. The image field should perform the same way. 

PA10.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Phineas ,

Do you mean that your hyperlink column could not display as image in your gallery?

Please check whether url in your hyperlink could directly link to the image.

Only if the url could directly link to the image, the hyperlink link column could display as image in gallery.

Just like this:

69.gif

The url should look like this:

https://xxxx.jpg

What's more, you also need to check whether you have permission to the urls.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @Phineas 

I think that what you have should work.

To expand briefly on what @v-yutliu-msft  says, can you confirm that the link that you've posted here is a link to the actual image file?

image.png

With images in a SharePoint library, the general URL can open a page with additional menu items, and that type of URL would not render correctly in an image control.

image.png

6 REPLIES 6
Super User II
Super User II

Can you show us one sample record from your SP list? so we can see how you are storing the Image in the list.
and since you are using PrkSnpShtCollection can you go to the collection and see if the image url is populated there?

Collection w/SiteImageLink

PA11.jpg

SharePoint List Column with Site Image Hyperlink (Image is located in a SharePoint Library.

PA12.jpg

SharePoint List Settings for Image Hyperlink Column.

PA13.jpg

Ah, i see you are using Sharepoint link as an Image URL. Well there are quite a number of posts in the forum which will give you alternate solutions one of them is here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Unable-to-access-SharePoint-Image-URL-from-P...

Apparently using sharepoint url causes some redirections/authentication calls hence the image doesn't populate in PowerApp

Are you inferring there is a better/easier way? Please, do tell.

Hi @Phineas ,

Do you mean that your hyperlink column could not display as image in your gallery?

Please check whether url in your hyperlink could directly link to the image.

Only if the url could directly link to the image, the hyperlink link column could display as image in gallery.

Just like this:

69.gif

The url should look like this:

https://xxxx.jpg

What's more, you also need to check whether you have permission to the urls.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Phineas 

I think that what you have should work.

To expand briefly on what @v-yutliu-msft  says, can you confirm that the link that you've posted here is a link to the actual image file?

image.png

With images in a SharePoint library, the general URL can open a page with additional menu items, and that type of URL would not render correctly in an image control.

image.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (52,797)