cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dakridge
Level: Powered On

No Scroll bar on Combo Box

I have an app built that uses a combo box to list site locations and that choice updates a gallery.  In the preview mode of PowerApps I have a scroll bar down the combo box to see all of the items.  When I publish the app and open on my Galaxy Note 8, there is no scroll bar and I have to search to bring up the item. 

Any Ideas? 

David K Akridge
Chief Information Officer, Mobile County Public Schools
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OCV8

Re: No Scroll bar on Combo Box

Thank you.  Samsung Note 5. While trying to get this together, I figured out it will not scroll while on screen keyboard visible.  Hitting the "back" button to close that allows the list to scroll by flicking.  A little confusing since a scrollbar shows on the web editor.  Maybe this will help someone else. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Power Apps Staff tahoon
Power Apps Staff

Hi @dakridge, are you still able to scroll the list by flicking through the list, even though the scrollbar is not visible? On some devices, the scrollbar only shows up when you start scrolling.

dakridge

When I scroll, it scrolls the entire screen up and down.  It's like the scroll bar is on the outside of the app.  It's crazy

David K Akridge
Power Apps Staff tahoon
Power Apps Staff

I am not able to reproduce this on my Android phone. Are you able to provide a screenshot of how the combo box looks like when it has problems scrolling?

dakridge

IT will be tomorrow, but I can.
David K Akridge
Highlighted
OCV8

Same issue.  Any resolution?

Power Apps Staff tahoon
Power Apps Staff

Could you provide more details? For example, Android device, version, PowerApps version. Screenshots will be great too! Let me know if you need help to find out the above information.

OCV8

Thank you.  Samsung Note 5. While trying to get this together, I figured out it will not scroll while on screen keyboard visible.  Hitting the "back" button to close that allows the list to scroll by flicking.  A little confusing since a scrollbar shows on the web editor.  Maybe this will help someone else. 

View solution in original post

dakridge

This is exactly the case.  If I hit the down arrow that collapses the keyboard and hides it, I can scroll up and down on the drop down list.  That needs to be fixed.  Should also be easy to reporduce for programmers. 

David K Akridge
Power Apps Staff tahoon
Power Apps Staff

Thanks for clarifying. I can now reproduce the issue on my Android phone. I have informed the relevant people working on this about the problem. In the meantime, the workaround is as mentioned above, which is to dismiss the keyboard.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,657)