Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samsam
Advocate II
Advocate II

No item to display

Hi, 

I would like to create a 'Form' from a BLANK new screen in PowerApps. (Attached the settings)
When I preview the app, it shows "No item to display"

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RusselThomas
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @samsam ,

The Form is usually in Edit mode by default, and Edit mode requires an item to edit - without it, you get this message and a blank form.

Try changing the mode of the form to New - you can do this either by setting the Default mode of the form to FormMode.New or, if you're using a button or navigation from somewhere else to get here, add NewForm(FormName) to the expression to put the form into New mode.

If you just want to test, put a button on the screen and set it's OnSelect: property to 

NewForm(FormName)

where FormName is the name of your form, and hopefully you should see what I mean.

Hope this helps,

RT

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RusselThomas
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @samsam ,

The Form is usually in Edit mode by default, and Edit mode requires an item to edit - without it, you get this message and a blank form.

Try changing the mode of the form to New - you can do this either by setting the Default mode of the form to FormMode.New or, if you're using a button or navigation from somewhere else to get here, add NewForm(FormName) to the expression to put the form into New mode.

If you just want to test, put a button on the screen and set it's OnSelect: property to 

NewForm(FormName)

where FormName is the name of your form, and hopefully you should see what I mean.

Hope this helps,

RT

View solution in original post

@RusselThomas Thanks for the reply, it works great~!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,423)