cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

No item to display

I have an edit form on a screen, that I have linked to a SharePoint list as a Data source. In edit mode, I see the fields that are from the SharePoint list, however when I run the app...I just see "No item to display".

I have tried removing my data source and reconnecting it, and I still get the same result. Also in my "Item" for my form, I am trying to pull data from a gallery that was displayed in a previous screen by doing this...

LookUp(MySPList,Title = MyGallery.Selected.ItemID)

Has anyone experienced this? If so, how do I resolve the issue?

2 REPLIES 2
Power Apps
Power Apps

@Spawn10, can you confirm the mode that the form is in?

You can peek at it by adding a label on the screen and setting it to: 

Form_name.Mode=FormMode.Edit

You can set Form.Mode equal to FormMode.Edit, View, or New and it should return true/false or go by the numbers if you're familiar with which is which.

The selected item will appear when:

• the form is in edit mode
  • the Item is a valid item

Another thing to test is to select the item looked up to see that it indeed outputs a record.

Let me know what comes out of that.

Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Spawn10,

Could you also please check that you're using the EditForm command before you reach the Edit screen when in Play mode?

i.e. your Edit icon/button's OnSelect should be something like:

EditForm(NameOfForm); Navigate(NameOfFormScreen, None);

If you don't trigger that function, then the form doesn't display, but you will still be able to Edit it within the Web Editor, which sounds like the issue you may be facing.

Please also make sure to try out all of the suggestions that @Mr-Dang-MSFT gave if you are already using EditForm(...) and my reply doesn't apply to your situation!

Many Thanks,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,042)