cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rms359
Frequent Visitor

No items to display

I have created an app from Excel with a home screen gallery view. When I create a view form or edit form I cannot get any record to display. I know I have to set the Item property but I cannot seem to get the right syntax. Any help???Home Screen.JPGNoItemsToDisplay.JPGEventDetails.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
SpencerLynn
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi!

As you mentioned, it appears in the third screen shot you provided, Item property is not set. The schema for Item should be the same as the DataSource property (except the DataSource property is a table of that schema).

For example, you should be able to set Item to "First(Employees_DataSheet)" and have things render. If you are using that same data source to connect to a gallery to view each record in the data source, you can view the selected record in the gallery in the form control by setting the form's Item property to "Gallery.Selected".

I hope that helps. If you have any follow up question, do ask!

Thanks,
Spencer

View solution in original post

The gallery control has an output property `Selected`. `<GalleryControl>.Selected` should work, assuming the gallery is bound to the same data source as the form control.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SpencerLynn
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi!

As you mentioned, it appears in the third screen shot you provided, Item property is not set. The schema for Item should be the same as the DataSource property (except the DataSource property is a table of that schema).

For example, you should be able to set Item to "First(Employees_DataSheet)" and have things render. If you are using that same data source to connect to a gallery to view each record in the data source, you can view the selected record in the gallery in the form control by setting the form's Item property to "Gallery.Selected".

I hope that helps. If you have any follow up question, do ask!

Thanks,
Spencer

Hi Spencer,

I set the item to First(Employee_Datasheet) in the form view but it shows the first record only and not the selected record from the gallery. Is there a way to set the selected record to show in the form view?

The gallery control has an output property `Selected`. `<GalleryControl>.Selected` should work, assuming the gallery is bound to the same data source as the form control.

Hi SpencerLynn,

I tried Gallery.Selected and received an error of "Invalid name". Any ideas??

Screen shot

Hi rms359,

I could not view your screen shot. I think it is a link to your sharepoint site, which I do not have access.

When you type the name of the gallery control into the Item property of the form and type ".", does it prompt you with any suggestions? Double check you have the name of the control correct.

Thanks,

Spencer

genomma

Hello rms359, try changing a property of the form: defualtMode = FormMode.Edit I changed it to FormMode.New in this way and the application behaves as expected.

This solved my problem. Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,923)