cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

No. of time app opens in powerapps

Hi All,

I am creating an offline app. I have one feedback form and based on the number of times app open I want to show that feedback form. 

For instance- If the user is opening app for the 10th time then it should show the feedback form.

How can I achieve that? Is there any inbuilt function which tracks that?

Any help will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Anonymous 

Who are the users of this functionality? I am assuming the users are going to use a device but not the browser for Offline capability.

As you are designing your app for Offline and Online usage, you can use LoadData() and SaveData() functions to achieve the desired result.

On App Start, call the function LoadData for a collection colAppOpenCount. If the collection is empty, then collect the timestamp into it and call SaveData() to save it in the local cache of the device.

When you open the app next time, read from the cache with LoadData function and check collect count value. If it reaches 10, then show the feedback form. With this approach, you will also have the Time Stamp of the user when he opened the app every time.

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/offline-apps#:~:text=When%20you%20build%20a%20canvas,basic%20data%20storage%20when%20offline.

NoteThe LoadData and SaveData functions might show an error in Power Apps Studio because browsers don't support them. However, they'll perform normally after you deploy this app to a device.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
VijayTailor
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi,

For this Requirement.
you can consider the below approach.

Create a Column where you Storing your Data.
Like Below
AppUsedCount =0

and On App -> OnStart Properties can Increase the value by +1
and Use below condition for the display Feedback form 

//Get the Count and decide the Form need to display or not
Set(NeedtoDisplayFeedbackForm,if(AppUsedCount>=10,true),false);

Add the Feedback form on which screen you want.
And Set the Visible properties for the form is - NeedtoDisplayFeedbackForm.

That all 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Please Vote for my idea if you feel, that will help you in the future or good to have in power app.
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Ability-s-to-Select-Icon-from-UIFabric/idi-p/69...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Preview-Mode-for-All-the-Device-Like-Phone-Tabl...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @VijayTailor ,
Thanks for the reply, Can you please tell me the code of how and where to create the column and increment that. I have tried somewhat similar using collection but it didn't work.

Rest part I understood

Please mentioned your DataSouce
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @VijayTailor ,

Datasource is CDS. Also is there any way of achieving that without touching datasource?

Hi,

if you don't want to touch the Datasource then you can achieve this functionality by using Excel DataSource Online/Import from Excel. Connector.

That file Only contains the App the UserEmail and AppUserCount Field.

Thanks,

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Please vote for my idea if you feel, that will help you in the future or good to have in power app.
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Ability-s-to-Select-Icon-from-UIFabric/idi-p/69...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Preview-Mode-for-All-the-Device-Like-Phone-Tabl...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @VijayTailor ,
So there is no way I can do it in powerapps only? not using datasource I mean. Also, If i use CDS - there I need to create one column in any entity which i am using ? and how can I fetch that ?
Can you please show me how can i do that?

@Anonymous 

Who are the users of this functionality? I am assuming the users are going to use a device but not the browser for Offline capability.

As you are designing your app for Offline and Online usage, you can use LoadData() and SaveData() functions to achieve the desired result.

On App Start, call the function LoadData for a collection colAppOpenCount. If the collection is empty, then collect the timestamp into it and call SaveData() to save it in the local cache of the device.

When you open the app next time, read from the cache with LoadData function and check collect count value. If it reaches 10, then show the feedback form. With this approach, you will also have the Time Stamp of the user when he opened the app every time.

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/offline-apps#:~:text=When%20you%20build%20a%20canvas,basic%20data%20storage%20when%20offline.

NoteThe LoadData and SaveData functions might show an error in Power Apps Studio because browsers don't support them. However, they'll perform normally after you deploy this app to a device.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @rsaikrishna ,
Thanks for the reply,

It worked

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @rsaikrishna and @VijayTailor ,
I am using collection to collect time stamp and checking if countrows of collection>10 then navigate to feedback form. but issue is it is navigating every 11th time But  I need only once. How can I achieve that?

Any help is appreciated

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,062)