Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AGroegelich
Helper III
Helper III

No records in my collection retrieved from an Excel sheet

Hi Community,

I just started to work with PowerApps. Right now I have problems in using the ClearCollect function on a Excel sheet data source. The connection to the data source itself is working, I can see the records in my app. But now I am trying to fill a collection from that Excel sheet data source. That doesn’t work so far, the collection is empty.

This is what I use:

ClearCollect(colUsers;

ShowColumns(Tabel1;"FullName";"Inlogname"

)

)

What is going wrong?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cool, so onvisible put the following:

Refresh(Tabel1);ClearCollect(colUsers,ShowColumns(Tabel1,"FullName","Inlogname"))

Fingers crossed!

**Edit, you are right there is a Dutch variance I was not aware of... if it doesn't like the above use the following:

Refresh(Tabel1);;ClearCollect(colUsers;ShowColumns(Tabel1;"FullName";"Inlogname"))

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
kidvallejo
Helper III
Helper III

Firstly you want to use a comma after the collection name... off the top of my head the rest looks fine

Thanks it was worth a try, but that didn't work. It must be a semicolon in the Dutch version of PowerApps. 

Try clearcollect(collection, excelsource) as a starting point and bring everything in to see if there is an issue with the data source.

There is no difference in the syntax that I am aware of but it might require add columns rather show

Well there must be an issue with the data source because even now there are no records showed in the collections oversight. However I am sure the data source connection is working because the records of my excel sheet are visible.

Can you show me a screen shot of what you can see of the data source... we will get this working for you 😉

20-1-2020 21-58-49.png

This is what I get. So all the fields are there, just no records. And I am not aware that I set a filter ore somethng like that.
BTW Many thanks you are trying to help me.

No problem, happy to help.

Create a button and on select put the following sorry if I use the wrong names):

Refresh(tabel1);clear(collection);collect(collection, tabel1)

If this doesn't work, check the table range in excel and reconnect if needed

Cool, that is working. 😀
So I tried to put the same code in OnVisible of the screen but that was to optimistic. However that the button works might give a clue what is going on.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,050)