Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AGroegelich
Helper III
Helper III

No records in my collection retrieved from an Excel sheet

Hi Community,

I just started to work with PowerApps. Right now I have problems in using the ClearCollect function on a Excel sheet data source. The connection to the data source itself is working, I can see the records in my app. But now I am trying to fill a collection from that Excel sheet data source. That doesn’t work so far, the collection is empty.

This is what I use:

ClearCollect(colUsers;

ShowColumns(Tabel1;"FullName";"Inlogname"

)

)

What is going wrong?

Thanks in advance

15 REPLIES 15

Cool, so onvisible put the following:

Refresh(Tabel1);ClearCollect(colUsers,ShowColumns(Tabel1,"FullName","Inlogname"))

Fingers crossed!

**Edit, you are right there is a Dutch variance I was not aware of... if it doesn't like the above use the following:

Refresh(Tabel1);;ClearCollect(colUsers;ShowColumns(Tabel1;"FullName";"Inlogname"))

Cool that works too 😀

Or better said I must really publish the application and then play it. However in preview modus the button you advised worked. I guess that makes some sense. So I returned to my original code and in steadof trying the preview modus I published an ran the application. Bingo, problem solved.

Thank you once again, you really helped me solving this problem. And you also gave me some more understanding how PowerApps works. 😎

I started off trying to figure these things out myself a year ago so more than happy to help (that said you've helped me out else I could be sending apps to our european partners and probably causing havoc).

If you haven't come across him yet youtube Shane Young he is an absolute legend, or if you are struggling for answers on the boards at any time feel free to pm me- if im about I will do what I can!

Wel then there is something else you need to reckon with you Europeran partners. When combining two functions you need a double semicolon in stead of one. Iwas folling on online tutorial and I was tring the examples and I couldn't figure out why these examples weren't working until I thought to use double semicolons.

Cheers mate! 

Cheers, see you next time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,169)